• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Evanier hasn't changed his site since Feb. 24

18 posts in this topic

What happened there? Even when he can't put much up he posts a picture of a soupcan. Has he become very sick? Is he celebrating his birthday early? Did he break all his fingers? Though I have met him only once and briefly, after reading his commentaries for so long I feel a certain kinship with him. I hope he is OK.

He's posted dozens of entries since then, it's your browser. From 2/26, and edited for brevity:

"Good Blogkeeping

Published Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Something about the latest Firefox update is incompatible with something in the latest WordPress update. WordPress is the software that makes the pages that comprise this website.

When you come to this page, Firefox is supposed to check to see if things have changed since the last time you came here. If not, it displays the version of this page you downloaded on that last visit. If something has changed — say, if I’ve posted a new item — then it downloads the new version and displaces the previous version. For some reason, it’s not doing this for everyone and a few friends report they aren’t seeing any messages I posted since about last Thursday. If they reload the page a few times though or flush their caches, all is right with the world.

I assume the next release of either WordPress or Firefox will come about soon and will correct this.

If you ever have this problem with a browser other than Firefox, pretty much the same solutions apply. There is absolutely nothing I can do on my end…and you’re probably having the same problem with other sites but if they don’t update as often as I do, it may not be as noticeable."

Mark Evainer's blog and the Ambush Bug fan page were my first two stops on the information highway. :cloud9:

I havent looked at his blog in years, since he can't keep his politics to himself. :(

Mark Evainer's blog and the Ambush Bug fan page were my first two stops on the information highway. :cloud9:

I havent looked at his blog in years, since he can't keep his politics to himself. :(

This is true.

I met Mark Evanier at Comic-Con a couple years ago. He moderated a Mad forum with Al Jaffee, Al Feldstein, Sergio Aragones, and others. He's a good guy but I have to give him a demerit on one point: He said the first issue of Mad Magazine was #25, when everybody knows it was #24. Bad Evanier! Bad! (I could see Al Feldstein tempted to correct him, but then biting his tongue.)

Mark Evainer's blog and the Ambush Bug fan page were my first two stops on the information highway. :cloud9: I havent looked at his blog in years, since he can't keep his politics to himself. :(

A minor point: His name is Evanier, not Evainer. This is his blog since nobody has linked to it yet. I read through the blog and it appears most of his posts are non-political.

Mark Evainer's blog and the Ambush Bug fan page were my first two stops on the information highway. :cloud9: I havent looked at his blog in years, since he can't keep his politics to himself. :(

A minor point: His name is Evanier, not Evainer. This is his blog since nobody has linked to it yet. I read through the blog and it appears most of his posts are non-political.

The word "politics" is in the blurb listing what the blog is all about and I counted at least 3 posts on politics on the first page. I refuse to do any more research and don't care if you attempt to refute this post. I stand by my assertion that he can't "keep his politics to himself".

But my apologies on the spelling. I've never gotten that right in all these years.

The word "politics" is in the blurb listing what the blog is all about and I counted at least 3 posts on politics on the first page. I refuse to do any more research and don't care if you attempt to refute this post. I stand by my assertion that he can't "keep his politics to himself".

But my apologies on the spelling. I've never gotten that right in all these years.

Why does one have to keep his/her politics to him/herself on their own blog? (shrug)

Why does one have to keep his/her politics to him/herself on their own blog? (shrug)

One doesn't.

The simple answer is, one doesn't.

But neither does Ogami or anyone else have to frequent said blog.

Personally I find Evanier to be a crackajack writer, with interesting opinions, but I can understand that some folks might take exception to his constant linking to writings that show that The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Kinda stings to have your nose constantly rubbed in your party's shortcomings and wrongdoings