• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Today seems like as good as any time for my first post in this thread. Most of my OA collection is modern, including this piece which I just added to my gallery today.

Saga #7 Ghost Variant Cover Art by Paul Pope

That's really awesome piece! Congrats

But.......

It says in the for sale status: Serious Offers

Is this true?

Yeah, I'll definitely consider serious offers. I value the art pretty highly, but considering the nature of the piece, I can imagine that others might value it even more strongly. I'd be crazy not to listen. Anyone who wants to make an offer over PM or through CAF mail, I'll be happy to give it consideration.

Yeah, I'll definitely consider serious offers. I value the art pretty highly, but considering the nature of the piece, I can imagine that others might value it even more strongly. I'd be crazy not to listen. Anyone who wants to make an offer over PM or through CAF mail, I'll be happy to give it consideration.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!! Sick piece for real

Jimmy Linguini will give you $10K for it. Take the money.

10k? Woah. Didn't jimmy own the OA before?

I doubt it. Previous owner is a boardie and he sold the cover to Hokie. For a lot less than Jimmy's "$10K" valuation:

There is one piece of OA. (The Paul Pope Ghost Variant Cover) No one knows who owns it. My opinion, would easily sell for $10,000 if it hit the open market.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=249129&Number=6375295#Post6375295

I also like how he says "No one knows who owns it" when it's very likely that he knew.

For all his talk about how certain he was that the cover was worth $10K, it's interesting that he didn't buy the cover for less than 1/3 that value when he had the chance. To flip, if nothing else.

the bet, JEFF, where is JEFF

What bet?

Nice memory, CBT. The bet was between BeerThirty and me. BT bet me a 5-star dinner that if the Paul Pope SAGA #7 OA cover sold this year, it would get $10K (per Jimmy Linguini's estimate). I bet that it wouldn't.

Now it's sold, for less than $10K, so I win.

Thanks to BeerThirty for the fun bet. Thanks as well for the cool piece of OA he sold me which I will be posting soon. I wish I had bet for that instead of dinner:P