• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your new Modern OA here!
3 3

1,483 posts in this topic

Ok so I am hooked on OA. I truly bought these because I liked them and enjoy for me.

My favorite from todays show in NH by and directly from a stand up guy Andy Price. A future cover for Adventure Time Candy Capers #?

DSCN8770_zpsa059d797.jpg

Buy what you like. This is an interesting piece. (thumbs u

Wowie-Zowie Junkdrawer... cool Batman cover! Guess if you have only just started you still have quite a few boxes to tick. It's a harsh time to be a buyer right now :( You are certainly doing the right thing buying what you enjoy if your collection is for keeps. OA is without a doubt a different beast to comics / slabs, best of luck with your collecting and your patience :P

I have been waiting for a certain kind if page from a certain 6 year run to come up (there must be hundreds of them out there) but for the past 18 months and no dice. *sigh* I am seriously considering going down the commission route but I know that after 18 months of looking I am being impatient ;)

Thanks Garf. I set myself some parameters like that I only want published covers. I started with Harley because I really like her character. Yesterday I got a chance to meet the actual artists and purchase directly from them. I felt a sensation of win win. I felt good about making the deal face to face. It may be a new parameter. I've totally ignored artist alley at comic shows in the past as I was only there for the books. I don't care for waiting in lines for sketches and autographs don't do it for me. I really like to see the art side by side with the finished comic. I did also pick up the cover to Forever Evil #2 from Eathan Van Sciver, he did ask that I not post until the book came out this week (shrug) Eathan was kind enough to also give me a copy of FE#2 and signed the cover. I didn't even ask for that. Guess I can post that OA on Wednesday.