• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Photobucket

77 posts in this topic

Does anyone like the new version better than the old??? :sick:

No.

NO !!

The old worked perfectly fine. What I can't seem to figure out with the new is where the code for "clickable thumbnails" is at :mad:

And that sucks too.

You have to manually copy the thumbnail.

If it aint broke don't "fix" it. The previous version worked great, the new...meh.

I currently still use the old one, I decline to try the new when it was offered to me and since I have not had the burden of change.

hell i'm just trying to get my album to show in ABC order.......changed it to be ABC order

didn't know the alphbet changed to AGDT.........lol 1 A not the 50 something that should be there but 1 book

ya not a fan of the new version

The only positive improvement I see is the upload system.

Before you had to download crud on your pc to use their mass uploader, now you don't and it seems to work faster and better (for me at least).

Everything else is worse.

:sick:

If it aint broke don't "fix" it. The previous version worked great, the new...meh.

I currently still use the old one, I decline to try the new when it was offered to me and since I have not had the burden of change.

just a FYI if you need to change a pic in anyway you need to update to the new version.....and iirc the new version will go to everyone on the 18th reguardless so might be better to switch now and attempt to get use to it, or try useing it and leave feedback person_without_enough_empathying them out

just a FYI if you need to change a pic in anyway you need to update to the new version.....and iirc the new version will go to everyone on the 18th reguardless so might be better to switch now and attempt to get use to it, or try useing it and leave feedback person_without_enough_empathying them out

Isn't there any other photo upload sites besides this crappy "new" Photobucket for free. I guess we shouldn't really complain to much since it's free but why oh why did they mess up a good thing! :pullhair:

Isn't there any other photo upload sites besides this crappy "new" Photobucket for free. I guess we shouldn't really complain to much since it's free but why oh why did they mess up a good thing! :pullhair:

Alternative to Photobucket? <--- That thread was right below this one.

I did that for as long as I possibly could, but somehow they tricked me and got me to 'click' something that changed it for me :mad:

I think when we see some big time (at least I consider Photobucket to be big time in the modern cyber world) changes in the way things operate.... we need to try and see what the even larger happening is that has caused the waves.

The default is now to shrink them on upload - you have to change the upload options. There are some features here available to pro accounts that free does not have, but that was the way I resolved it.

Looks like Photobucket read the Ebay Book on Business Boondoggling; take a simple, efficient idea and muck it up into unuse-ability.

Its not better if it takes me three times as long to find something. Heck, the other night I spent 10 minutes trying to find my albums (or sub-albums as I guess they are called now). The management aspect of it is horrendous, and the damn site takes a half minute to load from page to page. Yet, I bet there is some consultant somewhere banking a six figure check from this monstrosity.

NO!

+1,000,000

It sucks.

You have to manage each picture individually.

So when you want to delete last weeks eBay's sales pics you have to do it one at time, not the whole group of 20-50-100-1000 at once.

Hell, I didn't like the LAST version. I gave up on it and moved to Alkaspace some years back.

NO!

+1,000,000

It sucks.

You have to manage each picture individually.

So when you want to delete last weeks eBay's sales pics you have to do it one at time, not the whole group of 20-50-100-1000 at once.

Hell, I didn't like the LAST version. I gave up on it and moved to Alkaspace some years back.

hm sounds like un upset stomach waiting to happen

why oh why did they mess up a good thing! :pullhair:

don't quote me because this is from memory

but I believe it was pixar that did not renew the photobucket contract

They need to stay in the movie business but get out of the application software business if they did Photobucket! I'm moving on...no more PhotobucketJUNK! for me.

I think the whole thing is anti-intuitive from the previous version. You have to unlearn everything you used to do because it gets in the way of doing it now.

FWIW, I think the mobile version on an iPad is much improved. I'm still looking for the 'load all' button on the laptop version. Repeatedly scrolling down to load a large folder is a pain. I guess this is a sign they want you to make smaller folders.