• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Photobucket

77 posts in this topic

Yeah, it sucks. Imgur scrambles file names, too. Photobucket has modified that function though, it can now be turned off. There's a checkbox after you click on "Customize your upload options" after you click on the "Upload" button.

I just tried this, and didn't see the option to turn off scrambled filenames. The only options involved file sizes? (shrug)

It is actually under Privacy, in your user settings.

What I posted is correct if you're still using the old version of Photobucket. With the new version, go to "user settings" on the right up top under your username. Under the bar that reads "Personal Information" are the privacy settings; click on "Privacy Settings" and you'll see the scramble option. (thumbs u

Photobucket has modified that function though, it can now be turned off. There's a checkbox after you click on "Customize your upload options" after you click on the "Upload" button.

Can't seem to make it work. I ticked off the "Display my linked photos in original size"

But they still get downsized help.gif

Does anyone like the new version better than the old??? :sick:

No.

NO !!

The old worked perfectly fine. What I can't seem to figure out with the new is where the code for "clickable thumbnails" is at :mad:

And that sucks too.

You have to manually copy the thumbnail.

How do you do that step? I just see

Direct link

html code

image code

image code only produces a full size image (shrug)

Photophucket Killed the Virtual Comic Con

sung to the tune of

Video Killed the Radio Star

someone with more time talent and time to kill than me - get busy :baiting:

The new version is not as intuitive as the old version, but it's actually pretty easy to use (once you learn where the developers have stuck the various functions). Most of the functions we use regularly here on the Boards are easiest to access via the Organize screen. Moving to the Organize screen is the key. Once you're there:

1. Click on the images you'd like to link to (the Cntl and/or Shift keys on your keyboard can be used to select multiple images, just as with most applications).

2. Click on one of the icons/options along the bottom bar (Delete ... Move ... Tag ... Create Story ... Link). For posting images, click on the Link icon/option.

3. A new "link option" window will open. Click on the Direct Link or Image Thumb Code box to acquire the html code needed to post full-size or thumbnail images. I was able to acquire the following seven thumbnails with a single click.

th_AdT04-85-MH.jpg th_AdT05-85-MH.jpg th_AdT07-85-RO.jpg th_AdT09-80-WM.jpg th_AdT10-92-WM.jpg th_AdT11-60.jpg th_AdT12-90-RO.jpg

As others have said, the new Photobucket is not intuitive. I struggled with it at first. However, it's actually pretty nifty once you adjust the settings for your own personal preferences (like scrambled versus unscrambled file names) and learn how to access the key functions. I hope this helps.

:foryou:

The new version is not as intuitive as the old version, but it's actually pretty easy to use (once you learn where the developers have stuck the various functions). Most of the functions we use regularly here on the Boards are easiest to access via the Organize screen. Moving to the Organize screen is the key. Once you're there:

1. Click on the images you'd like to link to (the Cntl and/or Shift keys on your keyboard can be used to select multiple images, just as with most applications).

2. Click on one of the icons/options along the bottom bar (Delete ... Move ... Tag ... Create Story ... Link). For posting images, click on the Link icon/option.

3. A new "link option" window will open. Click on the Direct Link or Image Thumb Code box to acquire the html code needed to post full-size or thumbnail images. I was able to acquire the following seven thumbnails with a single click.

th_AdT04-85-MH.jpg th_AdT05-85-MH.jpg th_AdT07-85-RO.jpg th_AdT09-80-WM.jpg th_AdT10-92-WM.jpg th_AdT11-60.jpg th_AdT12-90-RO.jpg

As others have said, the new Photobucket is not intuitive. I struggled with it at first. However, it's actually pretty nifty once you adjust the settings for your own personal preferences (like scrambled versus unscrambled file names) and learn how to access the key functions. I hope this helps.

:foryou:

I've gotten used to it and it is no worse than the last. Zzzutak's is right on all this. If you aren't getting the link codes you need, go to your account page and scroll down to thec'link options' and check the boxes for what you want.

Thanks, but I went to Organzer, then clicked a few images, then LINK, and see 3 options:

Direct

HTML

Img code

I dont see Thumbnail code

That's under privacy for some reason, they let you chose what you want to show under each picture. You have to set it up and THEN go to Organize.

Oh, under Account settings, albums. Checked them all.

Now I see the links. Dont even have to go to Organizer.

Got it! Boy, what a PITA! And its just as slow to move around!

Thanks you guys! (worship) I needed more than

"You have to manually copy the thumbnail"

th_FF50_zps1b236f87.jpg

I used the original size listing uploading on photobucket, although my photos still came out compressed web size when I added to my Ebay listing. I opened an image shack account, and my scans looked good there so my scanner setting are still on par. Image shack was injecting random letters and numbers, so I can't use that site. What am I still missing on the new photobucket?

I already posted in here but have to say again, new Photobucket blows Holmes.

It's just a pain do anything, let alone sync nicely than with the mobile version.

Why did they try and reinvent the wheel?!?!

Brutal.

Back to the proactive posting. Sorry.