• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So What did you SEND OFF to be graded this week?

106 posts in this topic

Why on earth would you put the value as $3 for your modern books when it's going to cost you significantly more than that to get them pressed & slabbed?

If they're lost in the mail coming back to you, CGC wouldn't reimburse you the slabbing fees - you'd just get your $3 back :tonofbricks:

This is a valid point I think is lost on most unless they have had a package go missing. I was doing the same thing until the 9/11/2012 lost package event brought it to my attention.

The minumum number you use in the value field should be about $30.

That makes sense but would CGC really reimburse you $30 a piece for all those moderns?

I thought that value was just used for

a) confirming you were submitting to the right teir

b) insuring the return package

c) their own internal insurance valuation

So the $30 they'd reimburse you would be the value you'd be getting back from USPS, or via their insurer if there was a "mishap"

Correct. When I received an insurance settlement from CGC, it was the exact amounts that the facilitator had put in the value line upon submission.

Ha - by that matter then some of you should be sending in all of your modern drek to play the USPS lottery and hope they lose something.

Dear USPS,

Please find the enclosed claim for 500 slabbed copies of X-Force 1 valued at $200 each. (Hey that's the max value allowed under modern books and I SWEAR I thought they would all come back as 9.9's or 10's.)

$100,000 ka-ching

Thats the only possible way i will ever make my money back on my short boxes of X-men 1 and X-force 1 hm

Isn't the unwritten rule on worthless moderns to do a 9.8 prescreen? (shrug)

You certainly have a way with words.

Maybe worthless was too harsh, does worth less work better?

No.

-10 :banana:

Isn't the unwritten rule on worthless moderns to do a 9.8 prescreen? (shrug)

You certainly have a way with words.

Maybe worthless was too harsh, does worth less work better?

No.

-10 :banana:

You still don't get the rules lol

Why on earth would you put the value as $3 for your modern books when it's going to cost you significantly more than that to get them pressed & slabbed?

If they're lost in the mail coming back to you, CGC wouldn't reimburse you the slabbing fees - you'd just get your $3 back :tonofbricks:

This is a valid point I think is lost on most unless they have had a package go missing. I was doing the same thing until the 9/11/2012 lost package event brought it to my attention.

That makes sense but would CGC really reimburse you $30 a piece for all those moderns?

So the $30 they'd reimburse you would be the value you'd be getting back from USPS, or via their insurer if there was a "mishap"

Correct. When I received an insurance settlement from CGC, it was the exact amounts that the facilitator had put in the value line upon submission.

They actually reimbursed you for that yellow label garbage??? :baiting:

:jokealert:

They didn't quite make it into a Yellow Label. Hence the insurance settlement.

Ah, i was assuming they lost it sending it back.

i was under the impression cgc doesnt insure packages that have left the building. i was reading something in the dealer package, cant find it now, but it said something like "we dont insure return packages, please make arrangements with insurance companies" or something like that.

Will they be offering you any compensation for the dumbarse remark on the Sandman?

Will they be offering you any compensation for the dumbarse remark on the Sandman?

Nah. Like you said. It's famous now. Maybe Wrightson_Fan will trade me the penistroll for it.

thought this might make a good conversation starter.

i'll fire it up, i sent these 2 invoices off 2 weeks ago to be pressed then passed onto CGC.

You need to post what you think the cgc grades will be in the thread.

Then, when you get the books back, you can compare your grading to CGC's.

Nah. Like you said. It's famous now. Maybe Wrightson_Fan will trade me the penistroll for it.

DAMN!!!!

I just saw the post explaining this fingh. I would be PISSED! :censored:

What makes it 1,000 worse is this happening to you of all people! Theres others i'm sure but in my mind, you are the absolute #1 champion/lover of SS books. What a complete and utter slap in the freaking face! (tsk)

DAMN!!!!

What makes it 1,000 worse is this happening to you of all people! Theres others i'm sure but in my mind, you are the absolute #1 champion/lover of SS books. What a complete and utter slap in the freaking face! (tsk)

What does his love of SS books have to do with the guy being a doosh?

I dropped off four books at my LCS to be sent for grading today. First time I am using them for this.

Books are GI Joe #1 and 21. Avengers Annual #10 and Amazing Spiderman #300.

I'll let you know what they get in around six months or so.

DAMN!!!!

What does his love of SS books have to do with the guy being a doosh?

Just that the guy was trying to be a smartazz to the flippers/speculators and happened to pull this on someone that loves SS books more than anyone i've seen on here (shrug)

I dropped off four books at my LCS to be sent for grading today. First time I am using them for this.

By the time you get the Joes back, the third GI Joe movie might be in production.

I also am vastly more awesome than the average comic fan, making the affront more egregious.

As you can see I am getting my sense of humor back about this.

I was gonna say that also but didn't want people getting the wrong impression of us :foryou:

I'm curious to why you combined two different submission tiers on one invoice.

I noticed that too.

i didnt know that i did. i was told you couldnt combine 2 different submission tiers, there are actually 5 seperate invoices in my posts.

By the time you get the Joes back, the third GI Joe movie might be in production.

Sweet! I'll make a killing! lol!