• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So What did you SEND OFF to be graded this week?

106 posts in this topic

thought this might make a good conversation starter.

i'll fire it up, i sent these 2 invoices off 2 weeks ago to be pressed then passed onto CGC.

You need to post what you think the cgc grades will be in the thread.

Then, when you get the books back, you can compare your grading to CGC's.

They're all 9.8s.

i'll fire it up, i sent these 2 invoices off 2 weeks ago to be pressed then passed onto CGC.

i am very confident on getting 9.8's on every modern i sent off, i diligently search for the perfect comic book, i have 8 copies of avengers initiative 10, and some of them might be 9.8's but i only send out ones that i am sure will grade out 9.8 or better. if i notice 1 little seemingly insignifigant flaw, i stick it in the NOPE pile.

These books that i sent in today, i have collected over the last 2 years, the reason for avengers initiative is that in issue 10 bulls gap tennessee is first shown, and in issue 12 it is blown up. So when i say Dan Slott tried to kill me, i mean it :ohnoez:

Im just a huge fan of deathlok, and the astonishing tales i sent off should all come back a 9.8 or better, ive spent thousands of dollars looking for the perfect copy of each of those first Luther Manning appearances, I DONT KNOW WHY, i just always liked deathlok.

the Amazing Spider men 298-300 and the other few, are the best copies of those i have ever seen and i will be disapointed when ASM 300 comes back a 9.8, i spent hours going over it with a fine tooth comb and couldnt find the first minor flaw. (however i did the same thing with the 1990 deathlok 1 and it came back a 9.8, i still challenge CGC to take it out of the slab and show me a flaw).

I know grading is subjective, but if a book is perfect it should be a 10, they give them out at thier own discresion, but they aint always right(and not long after i got my 9.8 copy back, a 10 was added to the registry) but i dont think CGC is Robert Overstreet, i trust CGC or i wouldnt send them my books and money. rantrant

the only books i sent in that might come back less than a 9.8 are the hulk 107, tales to astonish, and daredevil 17, but if they come back less than a 9.4 i will be disapointed(and i thought about pre screening them, but decided it would be more fun to just roll the dice).

In all my submissions, i have only been surprised one time(other than the deathlok 1, that is), i sent in an avengers annual 10, and thought it was a 9.8, somehow it got a 9.4.

So when i get my books back in 6 months, ill let everyone know the grades.

I also am vastly more awesome than the average comic fan, making the affront more egregious.

As you can see I am getting my sense of humor back about this.

I was gonna say that also but didn't want people getting the wrong impression of us :foryou:

I didn't before, but now I do.

I subbed 4 modern books via CGC partner store this past weekend. I also fast tracked them all as I did not want to wait 5,000 years. The books are:

Amazing Spider-Man #300 - I am thinking a 9.4 (with a shot at a 9.6)

Amazing Spider-Man #238 - I am thinking a 9.4 (with a shot at a 9.6)

Revival #1 - I am hoping for a 9.8 but I think a 9.6 is more likely

Saga #1 (I subbed this for a friend, he wanted it slabbed) - I am thinking it will be a 9.4 due to a very small non-colour breaking crease in the lower left

The ASM's I will likely put up for sale as they were acquired as part of a larger collection I picked up. I think the cost of having some moderns graded does make them worthwhile to grade and resell, if you get the "right" grade. ;)

I decided to get the Revival graded b/c I just happen to dig the series and CGC books display nice in the comic/media room. (thumbs u

I'm curious to why you combined two different submission tiers on one invoice.

I noticed that too.

i didnt know that i did. i was told you couldnt combine 2 different submission tiers, there are actually 5 seperate invoices in my posts.

The Astonishing Tales books are pre-1980, so they can't be subbed under the modern tier with your other books.

Did you prescreen?

nope, i was the pre screener, i got alot more books that would be iffy's on 9.8, but im very confident about the ones i sent in.

This will end in tears.

My thoughts exactly.

Good luck though...

I submitted three moderns in my life, and all three got 9.8. I want cookie.

I'm curious to why you combined two different submission tiers on one invoice.

I noticed that too.

i didnt know that i did. i was told you couldnt combine 2 different submission tiers, there are actually 5 seperate invoices in my posts.

The Astonishing Tales books are pre-1980, so they can't be subbed under the modern tier with your other books.

oh that, well i submitted 15 books for the value submission, it was cheaper that way than doing it any other way i could figure out, so i paid a little more for the ASM's and a few others but overall i saved money.

i am very confident on getting 9.8's on every modern i sent off, i diligently search for the perfect comic book, i have 8 copies of avengers initiative 10, and some of them might be 9.8's but i only send out ones that i am sure will grade out 9.8 or better. if i notice 1 little seemingly insignifigant flaw, i stick it in the NOPE pile.

These books that i sent in today, i have collected over the last 2 years, the reason for avengers initiative is that in issue 10 bulls gap tennessee is first shown, and in issue 12 it is blown up. So when i say Dan Slott tried to kill me, i mean it :ohnoez:

Im just a huge fan of deathlok, and the astonishing tales i sent off should all come back a 9.8 or better, ive spent thousands of dollars looking for the perfect copy of each of those first Luther Manning appearances, I DONT KNOW WHY, i just always liked deathlok.

the Amazing Spider men 298-300 and the other few, are the best copies of those i have ever seen and i will be disapointed when ASM 300 comes back a 9.8, i spent hours going over it with a fine tooth comb and couldnt find the first minor flaw. (however i did the same thing with the 1990 deathlok 1 and it came back a 9.8, i still challenge CGC to take it out of the slab and show me a flaw).

I know grading is subjective, but if a book is perfect it should be a 10, they give them out at thier own discresion, but they aint always right(and not long after i got my 9.8 copy back, a 10 was added to the registry) but i dont think CGC is Robert Overstreet, i trust CGC or i wouldnt send them my books and money. rantrant

the only books i sent in that might come back less than a 9.8 are the hulk 107, tales to astonish, and daredevil 17, but if they come back less than a 9.4 i will be disapointed(and i thought about pre screening them, but decided it would be more fun to just roll the dice).

In all my submissions, i have only been surprised one time(other than the deathlok 1, that is), i sent in an avengers annual 10, and thought it was a 9.8, somehow it got a 9.4.

Good luck, hope you get your grades. I'm curious, if you don't get the 9.8s on the Deathloks, will you continue your quest or stay with what you got? Thanks for sharing, it's fun to read posts like this.

Get your own cookie, sprat.

No cookies for you...unless Greggy shares them.

Other people's cookies always taste better.

Cookies and milkshake.

Good luck, hope you get your grades. I'm curious, if you don't get the 9.8s on the Deathloks, will you continue your quest or stay with what you got? Thanks for sharing, it's fun to read posts like this.

+1. You go, Tiny. (thumbs u

Cookies and milkshake.

You don't drink AK's milkshake.

Cookies and milkshake.

You don't drink AK's milkshake.

that boy dont even kno how its made

*z snap*