• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reputable Online Dealers with Massive Selection, Good Prices, & Accurate Grading

33 posts in this topic

I'm trying to track down a large number of (mostly) cheap back issues from various titles. I would like to try and get them all from one or two places to help cut down on shipping costs. Looking for reputable online dealers with massive selection, good prices, and accurate grading (I know, that is a lot to ask, but I have high standards).

Mycomicshop is very good and I will probably get a number of the books from them, atomicavenue also seems to have a few sellers with a large selection. Any other places you guys can recommend? I'm talking about a few hundred odds and ends to pick up in high grade (mostly copper and moderns). Sure I can find all the books at various sources, ebay, etc - but want to try and stick with one or two sellers for the vast majority of the books.

btw - these would all be raw books, nothing slabbed.

I've always wanted to order from Doug, but man, that site just makes my head ache.

Is his inventory big enough that he has most of what you request for in HG? For example, he seems to have most of the Marvel Copper Age books, but there's no telling how many he'd have in HG.

As far as sources, since you're in Denver, you might try ordering from Mile High and have them deliver books to a store. There, you can flip through the copies and pick the ones that meet your criteria.

It's a pain in the , but it works if you're willing to deal with the hassle of ordering 5 copies of a book and hope that one is actually in NM condition.

I've always wanted to order from Doug, but man, that site just makes my head ache.

Is his inventory big enough that he has most of what you request for in HG? For example, he seems to have most of the Marvel Copper Age books, but there's no telling how many he'd have in HG.

No clue, but being that the OP is looking for Copper/Modern books, I'dimagine that there will be a large amount of HG books. I think the thing to do with him is shoot him an email with the want list.

No clue, but being that the OP is looking for Copper/Modern books, I'dimagine that there will be a large amount of HG books. I think the thing to do with him is shoot him an email with the want list.

Agreed. I just hate to send emails with a list of 30 books, and have the owner spend the time looking only to come back with no hits. But who knows, maybe he has plenty to go around.

Doug's site is giving me a headache too, but maybe I'll shoot him a list. Gary is good, will check out his site once it's up again. Finally, not interested in Mile High - they have a massive selection, but if you aren't buying books at 50% off (or more) they aren't even respectable on pricing, and their grading is hit or miss, mostly miss. Thanks for the tips so far. Keep em coming.

highgradecomics.com

Bob is a pretty good grader.

I can grade too ( :insane: )but I rarely list raw books online. I keep those for shows.

highgradecomics.com

Bob is a pretty good grader.

I can grade too ( :insane: )but I rarely list raw books online. I keep those for shows.

Bob's great, and he is on my list. Not sure he has the specific selection I'm looking for though.

I remember Doug Sulipa's ads from some place, but I had never thought to look for a Comic World website. It really is out of date, but there's some good stuff in there for those with the patience to go through the process. I use mycomicshop.com now and then, but it is missing some of the more obscure items that I crave. :)

Mycomicshop is very good and I will probably get a number of the books from them.

Mycomicshop is great. Just make me happy and use the link in my sig line. Like that I'll get a % and get some spending $ with them. I will be eternally grateful... :grin:

If you want low grade copies just to read, then perhaps a digital account to read to your heart's content. As soon as they make it available for iOS I will be all over one of those Marvel yearly subscriptions.

If you want low grade copies just to read, then perhaps a digital account to read to your heart's content. As soon as they make it available for iOS I will be all over one of those Marvel yearly subscriptions.

Some people love holding old high grade comics and don't get the same thrill reading a computer screen.

Call Doug on the phone with your questions. He will talk your ear off.

I thought it was available for iOS?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/07/marvel-unlimited-app-ios/

I enjoy reading both digital and print comics. Books on the ipad are pretty sweet!