• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would Stan be mad if .......

29 posts in this topic

what if a facilitator doesnt want it should I put it on the windowed book anyway hoping that stan might see it and go ehh what the heck. I dont want to get any one mad I just really want "My" comic to be how i want it, I mean this is goign to be my holy Grail of books, And I am paying some money to have it signed and graded.

Are you telling us the signature facilitator doesn't want to ask Stan to sign more than just his name, or just speculating it might be a problem?

Unless you want Stan to sign "FU Ditko" or some such, I don't see why a faciliator would mind asking.

The hard part is getting Stan to sign where you want, or within the confines of a window.

Well first I had asked for a small spidey sketch next to stans name and he said No, I didnt bother to ask about another word. I was to certain he would have told me no again.

what if a facilitator doesnt want it should I put it on the windowed book anyway hoping that stan might see it and go ehh what the heck. I dont want to get any one mad I just really want "My" comic to be how i want it, I mean this is goign to be my holy Grail of books, And I am paying some money to have it signed and graded.

Are you telling us the signature facilitator doesn't want to ask Stan to sign more than just his name, or just speculating it might be a problem?

Unless you want Stan to sign "FU Ditko" or some such, I don't see why a faciliator would mind asking.

The hard part is getting Stan to sign where you want, or within the confines of a window.

Well first I had asked for a small spidey sketch next to stans name and he said No, I didnt bother to ask about another word. I was to certain he would have told me no again.

Stan would have written Excelsior for you. :eyeroll:

I'm glad this topic was brought up.

I'll be getting his autograph in a few weeks and want him to sign it "For eBay, Stan Lee." :cloud9:

i've thought about trying to get him to sign one with his "real" name. with as many sigs as he's cranked out, i wonder if he can even write it very well?
For Ebay, Stanley Leiber.

nah. i'd get it personalized,if that's what it took. maybe i'll ask NYComics to give it a shot. sending in a few for Stan at the masters.

Stan would have written Excelsior for you. :eyeroll:

Exactly this. Stan's not an artist. Why would you ask for a sketch?

Having him sign his real name as someone else suggested is a pretty cool though. As is "Excelsior".

I asked him to sign his name along with another word somewhere on the comic?

would he be willing to do this, Im sure its not too much of a problem, anybody have this done before?

I know there are others out there with even more knowledge and info but I've been to about 20 or so Stan the man signings in the past and from my experience Stan will only sign his name "Stan Lee" at conventions and public signings. The guy that travels with Stan is Max and he will not allow for excelsior or to sign it to you or anything like that, Just a straight up Stan Lee sig.

Most of the sketches/excelsior/personalization were done via private meet and greets that were set up around conventions and cost a pretty penny to get into. Then after you get in Stan will sign and do almost anything you want but basically charges by the word. However as far as I am aware there have been no more private meet and greets that have taken place since he had his pace maker put in.

I do believe that DWC is currently offering people the ability to have Excelsior! on their books or to have them signed to the owner but of course there is an additional cost. Last time I looked the options for these things were available to add to your order via the DWC website.

Your best bet for more is to set it up ahead of time with a facilitator who is offering a (private) Stan signing and is willing to try and make it happen but again I would be prepared to pay a substantial amount more.

As far as sketches go I do know that Stan actually hates doing them and in the past has intentionally done a bad job when pressed to do one. Maybe that is why the facilitator said no to your sketch request. I was in one of the last meet and greets in Max's hotel room after a Con and Stan's people warned me not to ask/pay for a sketch because of this (I wasn't going to anyway but it was good to know).

Here is my pride and joy. It took about 5 years and many attempts to make it actually happen. Again, it did cost several times more than a normal Stan sig series op but it was worth the money and the wait...

slquote_zpsbe7c5ce6.jpg

IMG_2123_zps0c51641c.jpg

Best of luck obtaining your dream Stan Lee sig series book! It can be difficult but can be done! :cloud9: