• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in the Atlanta area?

17 posts in this topic

I am heading down from SC tomorrow and was wondering about the best comic/vintage toy shops in the area. I am familiar with Oxford and the one near the Mall of Georgia but what else is there? I seem to remember one West of Atlanta (maybe Titan) that had decent dollar boxes. Really looking for vintage toys, cheap boxes, and maybe that store that may still have some of the hot indys on the shelves. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think we need a General Sub-Forum for birthday threads and Local Comic Store threads.

:D

Indeed it would be. But I like these threads, which usually don't move too much, as opposed to every other thread in the general discussion section with 50 pages.

Go to Oxford if you enjoy lots of spine dings on your books, go to Book nook if you enjoy cool people that know very little about comics, go to Dragon's horde if you want to shoot yourself afterwards. Go to Dr. No's to get the most pretentious a-hole service and over priced garbage you could ever dream of. If you get more than one copy of something prepare yourself to have the opportunity to pay double cover price for the 2nd one.(they may or may not mention this as they are merrily adding up stuff for your total) They will also charge you a fee if you use a debit card under $20. If you have limited time definitely spend it at Dave's. If you have a little extra time stop by Dr. No's and pee on their front door.

Dave's is the best if you are in Atlanta proper...not sure how far south you are going but if you make it as far south as Warner Robins, do stop by Heroes & Villians.

Mike is one of the best owners i have been around, his shop is great and they have a great mix of backstock, new and wall books.

Even has some toys and shirts that are pretty awesome.

A full gaming section as well

Go to Oxford if you enjoy lots of spine dings on your books, go to Book nook if you enjoy cool people that know very little about comics, go to Dragon's horde if you want to shoot yourself afterwards. Go to Dr. No's to get the most pretentious a-hole service and over priced garbage you could ever dream of. If you get more than one copy of something prepare yourself to have the opportunity to pay double cover price for the 2nd one.(they may or may not mention this as they are merrily adding up stuff for your total) They will also charge you a fee if you use a debit card under $20. If you have limited time definitely spend it at Dave's. If you have a little extra time stop by Dr. No's and pee on their front door.

yup, cliff is the biggest pile in atl. i am still wondering how his doors are still open. dr. no's is the worst shop in atlanta by far.

yup, cliff is the biggest pile in atl. i am still wondering how his doors are still open. dr. no's is the worst shop in atlanta by far.

I can name worse, but won't. The last time I was at Dr. No's a hawk was devouring a dove on the sidewalk in front of the store. It was more interesting than anything they had in stock. I did buy something that was rare. They were too stupid to know what it was so I was happy with the price.

Odins in Lilburn is an option. It's nether bad nor good.

Dave's has the most interesting selection.

DG

I can name worse, but won't. The last time I was at Dr. No's a hawk was devouring a dove on the sidewalk in front of the store. It was more interesting than anything they had in stock. I did buy something that was rare. They were too stupid to know what it was so I was happy with the price.

Odins in Lilburn is an option. It's nether bad nor good.

Dave's has the most interesting selection.

DG

what was the book you bought? if you dont want to say public, pm me. i bought 2 of the wolverine campbell variants from that store. both submitted and 1 came back a 9.8 the other a 9.4. made some money off that but had to pay out the butt for those. i have been to odins and completely agree, not bad but also not good. not sure about a worse store in atlanta though...

Wow....sounds like a lot has changed since I moved from Atlanta...I remember my fist visit to Dr. No's when I first moved there back in 91 I was picking out $5 GA from their back room. I sold a couple of those books in the last Virtual Comic con we had.