• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSPG

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am probably in the wrong forum;sorry if I am!

I have two question re the Overstreet Price Guide:

1. Do you know when it updates it's prices? Maybe the next printing date?

2. I can not seem to find any prices or references to the 'variant' covers of any book, say the Superior Spider-Man as an example. It probably's just me not finding them, but maybe not. Do you know if they price them and how to find them listed?

It seems to me that OSPG lags a little bit in it's pricing.

I wonder if anyone has used ComicBookRealm.com ? They seem to provide an up-to-the-minute approach, giving updates of price trends every one or two month in some cases.

They also have pricing for the 'variants' mention earlier. They are at time priced like OSPG, and at other times they seem to be priced higher than OSPG.

I would like to know what you all think.

Thanks!

James

Hello!

2. I can not seem to find any prices or references to the 'variant' covers of any book, say the Superior Spider-Man as an example. It probably's just me not finding them, but maybe not. Do you know if they price them and how to find them listed?

I wonder if anyone has used ComicBookRealm.com ? They seem to provide an up-to-the-minute approach, giving updates of price trends every one or two month in some cases.

They also have pricing for the 'variants' mention earlier. They are at time priced like OSPG, and at other times they seem to be priced higher than OSPG.

Thanks!

James

1) The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide is published once a year, distributed in July at the San Diego ComicCon. Advisor's input and sales are solicitied at the end of each year. I believe information from shows is also collected closer to the publication date.

2) There are plenty of variant covers mentioned in the OPG. They are just not always broken out in price. For instance, I looked at Warlord of Mars, Deja Thoris just now. It lists how many variants of each issue - but prices them all the same. Right below that was War Machine and #1 was noted with three covers- newstand, ashcan and collectors editions. Superior Spider-Man was published just a month ago, the current OPG was published July 2012. It won't be listed until the next guide

Online price guides can be of some service. But I find it more helpful to research past sales on eBay. If you are interested in CGC graded books - buying, selling or sending in to get them slabbed yourself, a subscription to GPA is worthwhile.

http://comics.gpanalysis.com/

Hello!

Thanks!

James

I've never heard of them updating prices if the book reprints during the year. So far as I know, the only updating occurs when the new edition comes out during the summer.