• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gil Kane Spider-Man Artist's Edition LIMITED VERSION

26 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Just a heads up, the Gil Kane Amazing Spider-Man signed and numbered edition is on sale as of this morning at the IDW webstore. Signed by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas, Gerry Conway and John Romita, and limit to 250 copies. It has a variant cover as well as a bound in signature plate.

Here's the link:

http://shop.idwpublishing.com/gil-kane-s-the-amazing-spider-man-artist-s-edition-signed-and-numbered-limited-edition-pre-order-2470.html

All the best,

Scott

Never even gave the standard edition a thought.

But the art collector in me realized I don't own a single item with Stan Lee's autograph. So this is it!

I just pulled the trigger, can't wait to get it!

Beautiful as always, Scott.

Question: the chapter heading pages all have an image of Spidey, from one of the pages, but on the chapter heading page it looks like Spidey's figure has been gone over in red marker in the appropriate places. Did you guys do that, is it a prelim, or what? I know Gil Kane used marker quite a bit later in his career. Just curious.

Thanks for making these a reality!

Best,

CNG

These things look awesome. Does anyone have a picture of how they look in person? I am new to the whole OA area and thought this might be a good item to pick up since any of the original pages would be well outside of my budget.

I have almost all of the artists editions, they are huge, and gorgeous.

They really are the best things produced for mass consumption in this hobby in the last decade.

If you want the Kane with all the signatures I would hurry, they only made 250 and I know they must be on their last couple by now.

These things look awesome. Does anyone have a picture of how they look in person? I am new to the whole OA area and thought this might be a good item to pick up since any of the original pages would be well outside of my budget.

I have almost all of the artists editions, they are huge, and gorgeous.

They really are the best things produced for mass consumption in this hobby in the last decade.

If you want the Kane with all the signatures I would hurry, they only made 250 and I know they must be on their last couple by now.

Thanks for the reply. From everything I have seen they do look quite impressive. As another member posted, this would be my first Stan Lee signature.

Kane-Spidey-Ltd-Ed-Signatures-Front_zpsca271f44.jpg

Kane-Spidey-Ltd-Ed-Signatures-Back_zpsa5f00ce7.jpg

Being a collector of original art, I already own a Kirby but don't have anything with a Stan Lee signature. Didn't want to buy a Stan Lee autograph off the bay from someone who has his/her own personal story. I needed to get my own.

Here comes Gil Kane The Amazing Spider-Man Artist's Edition in the Limited Edition version to 250 copies. It was signed by Stan himself, so this was a dream come true. I got so excited that I just had to make a youtube flip-through for those who are on the fence on the book, or whose budget is not yet ready for the book. Here is the link:

Towards the end, I also show my wall of framed art since it was in close proximity to the table where I shot the video. If you are interested in viewing those two pieces of original art (a Gil Kane and a Byrne Spider-Man), here are links to my CAF to see in better resolution:

Kane Action Comics 45th Anniversary Cover

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=828859

Byrne Spider-Man Cover Re-Imagination Commission

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=937211

Also check my description of the video in the YouTube video page, I did make a few notes and comments there too. Again, here is the video link: