• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone familiar with these Ebay Sellers?

11 posts in this topic

These auctions look interesting.....but I'm wary of bidding on high value comics from any sellers with such limited feedback. The auctions are ostensibly from two different sellers, but they're very similar and the sellers are from the same location in the UK. Suspicious or not?

Captain America #1

Amazing Fantasy #15

Sorry to add different seller issues here but I got an email from an ebay seller with whom I just won an item from:

"Hi, Thanks for the payment, we will ship out the comics today. Please do us a favor and inform the CGC board forum members that the following ebay may be fraudulent. He has been on some of our auctions and is currently listing golden age items. Thank you Kathryn

This seller and buyer rocknroll916 looks fraudulent. I have seen these books listed with another dealer on EBAY a few weeks ago and he also states that he is retired and now selling his collection, yet, he's bidding on other auctions. Something seems fishy. Kathryn"

I'm just passing this on and haven't looked into the details too much. If you have direct questions, pose them to seller id haytruck

So the original two auctions that I posted have been removed, but here's one for an AF#15 CGC 9.4 that is equally suspicious. The seller has been a member since 1998 in the US but the item is for sale in Lancastershire, England.

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 9.4

I think we need to start an official Ebay scams thread.

So the original two auctions that I posted have been removed, but here's one for an AF#15 CGC 9.4 that is equally suspicious. The seller has been a member since 1998 in the US but the item is for sale in Lancastershire, England.

Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 9.4

I think we need to start an official Ebay scams thread.

The same book with the same "buy it now at $10,000" tagline was put on ebay yesterday, but under another i.d. It also was a pre-approved bidder one day auction. It was removed swiftly by ebay after 3 hours. I actually emailed the seller asking to be put on the approved bidders' list.

Here's the reply I got:

Congratulations !You have been added to the pre-approved buyer list.

Item name: AMAZING FANTASY #15, ,CGC 9.4

Buy It Now price: $ 10,000

Quantity: 1

Subtotal: $ 10,000 (Shipping and Handling included)

Seller details: Harold ******

Seller E-mail: amazingspiderman@******.com

eBay Payment Instructions:

We have the item at eBay's warehouse in San Jose,CA. The item was

inspected by eBay and insured by SquareTrade.

The buyer will be allowed to buy the item when the payment by

Western Union wire transfer will be completed.

Please send the payment by WESTERN UNION wire transfer to:

Mr. Harold ******

ENGLAND

I dotted out the "seller"'s name and address just in case of any legal problems. This seller was not based in Lancashire but London, btw.

Now why would the item be at ebay's warehouse (WTF?) in San Jose whilst the seller is based in England? 893frustrated.gif

heh, I asked the seller a question and got the same email you got except its at a warehouse in England!

I say we mess em up and you pay them but they send the comic to my address!!

I hate scammers, I really truly do.

Andy:

He is phishing for personal information. You might want to change your ebay password if you had to type it into a field to send him the email. Some of these guys will design pages that make it appear as though you're signing into ebay when you're really on a remote site. 893frustrated.gif

Andy:

He is phishing for personal information. You might want to change your ebay password if you had to type it into a field to send him the email. Some of these guys will design pages that make it appear as though you're signing into ebay when you're really on a remote site. 893frustrated.gif

Thanks for the tip FFB. All I did though was ask the seller a question via his ebay feedback page - so I didn't have to type in my password (nothing seems amiss at present on My Ebay, at least).He does have my email address, however.