• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And another E-bay seller to avoid

97 posts in this topic

So 893censored-thumb.gif Oregon, as far as I'm concerned! mad.gif

insane.gif

So you blame the whole state for your bad transaction. sorry.gif

You don't really look to see where the item is selling from, do you?

No, I don't really care. flowerred.gif

But everytime I watch the scene in the movie Swordfish, when Travolta's character shoots the senator who is fishing in BEND OREGON, I get pissed all over again.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I want my 92 dollars dammit!

isn't this thehaytruck dude the one that sells German editions of Hulk 181, Avengers 1 and TOS 39 in 9.9 CG scale ?

SWEET! No I didn't know they did that 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh yes! They do! I loved reading the negative feedback they recently got from someone who actually thought they were getting an authentic SA key in NM/MT condition for less than $100.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

insane.gif

No, I don't really care. flowerred.gif

But everytime I watch the scene in the movie Swordfish, when Travolta's character shoots the senator who is fishing in BEND OREGON, I get pissed all over again.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I want my 92 dollars dammit!

27_laughing.gif

Hally Berry topless thumbsup2.gif

...Just got the results in for the Swamp thing #7 CGG white pages 9.8.....any queses as to what the CGC grade is?

dude, we can't guess - you never gave us a scan to look at............i just wish that you'd sent it back to CGG for their review, or brought it to Baltimore like you said you were going to for other forum members to peruse, or sent it to CGC in the sealed holder. (you might have been able to make arrangements with Scott to accept it that way).

any of those paths would have lent much credibility to the whole story and possibly answered the question as to whether the inner well was unsealed and then resealed with the label intact. (i'm betting CGG would have had an interesting time explaining how the book was graded so highly).

so WTF's the CGC grade?? grin.gifpoke2.gif

...Just got the results in for the Swamp thing #7 CGG white pages 9.8.....any queses as to what the CGC grade is?

dude, we can't guess - you never gave us a scan to look at............i just wish that you'd sent it back to CGG for their review, or brought it to Baltimore like you said you were going to for other forum members to peruse, or sent it to CGC in the sealed holder. (you might have been able to make arrangements with Scott to accept it that way).

any of those paths would have lent much credibility to the whole story and possibly answered the question as to whether the inner well was unsealed and then resealed with the label intact. (i'm betting CGG would have had an interesting time explaining how the book was graded so highly).

....I was going to bring it to Baltimore,...but it was shipped out on an economy batch a couple of weeks before on 08/29......long story short,...it went from a 9.8 white,...to a 9.4 ow/w,...which even at that grade I think was a gift,...personally I wouldn't have graded it higher than an 8.5/9.0,....and nope,..I'm not going to post any before after scans of the book,....don't care about my credibility, cause I got nothing to hide,...I was just trying to alert you all to a shady dealer at the time that apparently screwed over more people than me,....last time I'll ever do that,...I only brought this up cause this thread re-surfaced after being mercifully drowned months ago,.....and I'm sure this will bring up a clever response from the amazing impartial Noshill and the rest of his employees who work for whatever they are calling themselves this week....PA3G?.....but then again they are all probably VERY busy right now ,...after all it's Wednesday,...new comics come out today....they have to hurry to assemble their new 9.8,9.9.and 10.0 professionally graded books, so they can list them on E-bay tonight before anyone else...is this a rant?...HEII YES,...do I care?...umm no....

Don't feel bad - I mad the same Cerebus/Cerberus 1 mistake for $20 as well foreheadslap.gif

Welcome to the club! 27_laughing.gif

At least it's not as bad as, oh I don't know... paying for a Hulk 181 that never shows up. Ouch!

I actually did pay $300 for raw VF copy of Hulk 181 two years ago, and never received the book. After filing a fraud complaint with Ebay, calling the authorities in his home state of New Jersey, and contacting other Ebay members that were also shafted, I still didn't get my money. He was eventually kicked off of Ebay. He may have a new ID these days, but his name is Chris Campana.

....I was going to bring it to Baltimore,...but it was shipped out on an economy batch a couple of weeks before on 08/29......long story short,...it went from a 9.8 white,...to a 9.4 ow/w,...which even at that grade I think was a gift,...personally I wouldn't have graded it higher than an 8.5/9.0,....and nope,..I'm not going to post any before after scans of the book,....don't care about my credibility, cause I got nothing to hide,...I was just trying to alert you all to a shady dealer at the time that apparently screwed over more people than me,....last time I'll ever do that,...I only brought this up cause this thread re-surfaced after being mercifully drowned months ago,.....and I'm sure this will bring up a clever response from the amazing impartial Noshill and the rest of his employees who work for whatever they are calling themselves this week....PA3G?.....but then again they are all probably VERY busy right now ,...after all it's Wednesday,...new comics come out today....they have to hurry to assemble their new 9.8,9.9.and 10.0 professionally graded books, so they can list them on E-bay tonight before anyone else...is this a rant?...HEII YES,...do I care?...umm no....

rocket; certainly you knew that your pronouncement on these boards of a sellers slabbed comic switcheroo, was like dangling a piece of raw meat in front of hungry lions?? grin.gif

i'm glad for you that the book in question came back from CGC in such a nice grade. thumbsup2.gif

insane.gif

Seems I just got stiffed on a $20 purchase from a Gresham, Oregon seller. Things looked normal then he gets hit for 119 negatives in one month and gets booted off ebay before I even get the satisfaction of making it 120.

When I think of Oregon I think of redwood forests and fresh air.....whodathunk that sweet clean air would create so many deadbeats?

insane.gif

Seems I just got stiffed on a $20 purchase from a Gresham, Oregon seller. Things looked normal then he gets hit for 119 negatives in one month and gets booted off ebay before I even get the satisfaction of making it 120.

When I think of Oregon I think of redwood forests and fresh air.....whodathunk that sweet clean air would create so many deadbeats?

Maybe they think we won't go all the way up there to chase them down. That they're out of reach.

ROADTRIP! laugh.gif

Anybody else got a beef with Oregon? Let's put a crew together.

Yeah, roadtrip!!!!!

Forget about "Blame Canada" lets' blame it all on Oregon. Or maybe even better do any of the Canadian forumites want to annex Oregon? ... then we can just Blame you guys again. poke2.gifgrin.gif

insane.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif What is it "Bash Oregon Day" 893naughty-thumb.gif

You guys need to go back to bashing Canada.

Seriously though, I live about 20 miles from Gresham. Do you have a name and address. Maybe I could find something out about him. Check the local comic shop.

Don't feel bad - I mad the same Cerebus/Cerberus 1 mistake for $20 as well foreheadslap.gif

Make that 3 people. Dammit. Only cost me $10 + shipping though.

Make that 4.....almost. I looked long and hard at that auction, and even went so far as to check Google and Overstreet for a comic called Cerberus. I didn't find one and was contemplating hitting the BIN. Then I checked his other auctions and figured a guy who sells so many comics would have to know what he had if it was a legit Cerebus 1. I passed.....very glad I did.

Add rahkiwa and skier4001 to the list. Skier4001 freaked out about two 8 dollar books that were described as low grade and neged me twice, and rahkiwa won over 2k worth of books and then never paid. Complained to ebay about my contact info and I got suspended.