• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM cousin's ASM 122 (Death of the Goblin)

18 posts in this topic

From my cousin's collection, ASM 122 The Green Goblin's last stand...

That's another date stamp on the BC URC. And that's not a tiny corner crease on the FC LRC, but artwork.

Thoughts??

img003_zps75f0db10.jpg

img004_zpsbb97ca0f.jpg

My aunt grades it an 8.5

That's funny, but George married my second cousin Donna, 30+ years ago.

Interestingly, he was best friends with Donna's brother, Bobby who I have spoken about before on these boards ( We were born 5 days apart). he owned the first 10 issues or so of FF and I went to search his house in Kenilworth NJ shortly after he took up the drums and lost his interest in Comics.

To my eternal chagrin they were nowhere to be found... :(

I don't understand the 9.0/9.2 with that BC??

I was thinking 8.0/8.5 IMHO....

The front and back cover foxing and staining are problematic. Structurally it's very nice, but I think even 8.0 might be a little generous with the stains. I suppose it depends how they appear in hand vs. in a scan. I've seen stuff like that pop on a scan that was barely noticeable in hand.

The front and back cover foxing and staining are problematic. Structurally it's very nice, but I think even 8.0 might be a little generous with the stains. I suppose it depends how they appear in hand vs. in a scan. I've seen stuff like that pop on a scan that was barely noticeable in hand.

Good and interesting points...

There is some foxing on the BC on the middle of the bottom edge and by Mr Smiley's left ear that can be seen in hand.

There's nothing on the front cover that can be seen in hand. If I tilt my computer screen to about a 45 degree angle, there is some almost invisible blemish (stain, finger print, foxing??) in the left edge of Spidey's word balloon.

I'd agree that a 9.0 or above is not possible, and this goes to show that even a pretty high res scan (300DPI) can't always show all defects...

Tear/stress at bottom staple, creasing/color break on bottom right corner of the FC and staining (overspray? foxing?) on back cover - 8.0.

1. There is niether stress nor a tear on the bottom staple.

2. As stated originally that is niether creasing nor color break on the bottom right corner, merely the artwork.

3. there is no overspray on the BC but there is noticeable foxing on the bottom edge and upper right edge. The blue smudge on the URC of the BC is a date stamp (APR 3 or 13 - can't decipher the following letters).

I realize it's much easier to see these things in hand... :foryou:

Was thinking the same thing.

And I agree - the foxing keeps the grade down and some computers just won't pick it up...hence the always difficult job of grading from a scan.

Thanks to all who participated... (thumbs u