• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions requested....Strange Tales #109...

12 posts in this topic

Hi all....I've been absent for awhile due to comp. problems and life stuff... hi.gif...in any case...

I'd appreciate some opinions on the grade on this book since I am considering having it slabbed... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It comes from an original owner collection but the guy did not store them properly and that is the reason for the slight foxing on the back cover...there is tons of gloss with no tears evident....

st109front.jpg

st109back.jpg

Hi ArAich,

Good to see you on the boards, and I hope whatever life stuff that has been going on gets better soon.

I see some rippling to the front and back cover, especially along the edge of the book. Also, check the inside of the front and back cover to make sure that the staining along the top and bottom edge isn't more severe than plain 'ole foxing.

I'm kind of going out on a limb here, but because of the book's exposure to a moist environment, I don't know if it would grade any higher than a 5.0 at CGC. If the book doesn't have any waviness to the edges and no actual water stains that I think might be present, then I think it's probably more like a 7.0ish copy.

Fun cover, thanks for sharing it! thumbsup2.gif

ArAich,

Ditto, good to see you on the boards again. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have to go along with Jimbo, except I think it would grade about a 6.0. If the pages are fresh and undamaged I may go as high as a 7.0, but CGC is tough on stains. sorry.gif

BTW, love those imps! thumbsup2.gif