• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone interested in Thanos Rising???

82 posts in this topic

I've always been a big fan of Marvel's cosmic stuff, and am looking forward to Thanos Rising myself. The fact that Jason Aaron and Simone Bianchi are on the book sounds like a good team to me. Of course besides reading the book, my speculator side really wants to buy a little stack of the first couple of issue in hope of maybe cashing in if it fly's under the radar. Do ya'll think this book will be ordered heavily?? If so, is ordering multiples probably a bad idea?? Let me know your thoughts on the book itself, and if you think it will have any secondary market legs.

I don't think Marvel will let this go 'under the radar.'

There will be a free comic book day comic called Infinity which will feature a Thanos story by Hickman and art by Jim Cheung. Link here http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/1041?stockItemID=STK525555

If it has the mad titan in it, it will be pushed hard. Stores will get posters, flyers, postcards, etc. There will be a half dozen variants for this ( or a ton more) so stores will be given incentive to over order.

Just my opinion.

I look forward to the story but not as a speculator.. as a fan!

I personally love the Skottie Young variants, and yes, he sure must be raking in the dough. I assume he is really fast at pumping these out as the line work is definitely kind of rough and cartoonish. I especially love the Morbius cover he did even though I don't have any. Though IDK if big companies like Marvel actually pay a per piece fee, or just put you on a contract and make you pump out mad covers. I am still definitely looking forward to the read on this title, but may just fore go buying multiples then.

Is Simone Bianchi's art popular?

mildly. i think his stuff is horrible myself, not a fan at all.

also if you speculate on this book you are not paying attention. anything with thanos on the cover is hot and sells well. buy other thanos related covers and books, and ride the wave of his movie popularity and marvel shoving him down everyone's throats for the next year in comics in preparation for the movies.

i will be getting that skottie young cover though. pure awesome.

Ugh. I was just asking myself when people would get over the Skottie Young variants :baiting:

One more day! I'm stoked about a new Thanos book (the Thanos Imperative was a real let-down), so I'm ready.

6995867870_77a3c2276a_z.jpg

I'm a little stuck with this book. Jason Aaron is probably my favorite writer and Bianchi is one of my least favorite artists. I don't think I can pass up a Jason Aaron book though.

Ugh. I was just asking myself when people would get over the Skottie Young variants :baiting:

One more day! I'm stoked about a new Thanos book (the Thanos Imperative was a real let-down), so I'm ready.

6995867870_77a3c2276a_z.jpg

I am not a fan of Skottie Young either............