• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone interested in Thanos Rising???

82 posts in this topic

I actually liked it.

Completely different perspective view of Thanos.

I agree. I think it's worthy of giving a chance to. I'm hoping by the end that the series feels rewarding - a little like the Thanos series, where we see something different about the character that we never expected. This series has the opportunity to do so, I hope they can make it happen.

Just received the Mile High Comics variant and I must say that I'm not impressed with their mailing of comic books. All the issues were taped into one bag sandwiched between some cardboard that was creased but luckily the books weren't damaged and in a Priority Mail envelope. I expected more from someone that deals with comic books. :facepalm:

Still haven't read it yet...

Me neither.

I flipped through it two nights ago, saw "young" Thanos and it kind of crushed my perception of him. So, I put it down and read Infinity War #2 lol

This summarizes my feelings exactly.

Still haven't read it yet...

Me neither.

I flipped through it two nights ago, saw "young" Thanos and it kind of crushed my perception of him. So, I put it down and read Infinity War #2 lol

I am a 20+ year fan of Thanos, and I was intensely worried about how they were going to handle his early years, and I think this new series is patently awesome on several levels. Jason Aaron has done a great job with Thanos' mannerisms, attitude and dialogue - he's really captured his personality. To me, it's totally believable from a reading aspect. Jim Starlin should be proud of how it's written so far.

Personally, I love Simone Bianchi's art. I think it's perfect for the book, and his work really does justice to one of my absolute favorite characters. And I'm not one to gush over every single Thanos appearance.

I remain optimistic for the next few books, I think I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again now that issue 3 is out, but this is a great Thanos read. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is unsure how it's been handled.

#4 just makes this title even more worth reading. I won't spoil the book, but it definitely shows how he is completely insane on many levels. #5 is going to be a great ending hopefully. I will get the HC too just to re-read it as well.