• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got an email from Billy da 'Sienk! (Sienkiewicz)

25 posts in this topic

I just wanted to crow a bit. Bill Sienkiewicz just emailed me and he has completed a commission request I made at NYCC. Special thanks to John S., who answered my plea for help last October and was very persistent and tenacious in keeping this in Bill's radar, and the guy has never even met me. Kudos to John S! :applause:

Now, what may it be you ask. BILL'S FIRST RECREATION OF HIS SUPERMAN 400 PINUP. You may not think it needs caps but I am psyched to get it. I thought long and hard about a piece to go all out for with Bill and settled on his Superman 400 pinup. you may remember it, but here it is anyway (this is the original obviously)

03b759950e7c446e9e249cdfd169eda6.jpg

Mine will be b/w due to a few crossed wires in communication but that is alright by me. It is done now and he could add color but I have not seen it and if it was drawn to be b/w by Bill it most likely should stay that way. Bill told me he had never been asked to recreate this but that he had decided not long ago to do it on his own anyway.

BTW, I love calling him Billy da'Sienk for some reason, why hasn't it caught on I wonder?

And yes I am aware of Bill's issues with mailing things. Funny thing is, he mailed me my Roger Waters piece a few years ago in a very prompt and timely manner. I seem to have decent luck like that, I got my Kaluta quickly too back in the day (even Mike K was surprised when I told him this at a show years later!) I am tryong to arrange physical pickup but will take the mail if necessary. 50% up front, 50% upon arrival. (He laughed and agreed when I did that for the Waters piece and even gave me a big ol' receipt when I asked for one. He is a good guy, this Billy da'Sienk!

My Crowing is now over. Let the jinx try and get me, come on!

ohh, edited for two more things. If he has done superman 400s before, no biggie. No need to rub them in my face though. :D And no I will not give out his email, but I will pass along info from you to him AFTER we are all said and done, just like I did with Teddy Kristiansen.

I can't wait either. At this point what I ordered and what I get may be a little different, as time and distance affected the execution of the piece.

Okay, it is done and should be in my hands in a few days. So, yes, I have seen a scan. It is b/w and looks pretty sweet. I love it. It is a fairly straight recreation and I will be a happy camper if it comes soon.

Looking forward to seeing the scan ( that's a hint)

;)

I struggled to post it but not yet. I couldn't copy his attached scan for posting. I should have it in a day or so.

I really do not understand why I can't save the image Bill emailed me, but I just can't do it. It actually looks like it is an exact recreation, just in b/w. I mean friggin' EXACT. (it was originally supposed to be in color but that part never made it to the final order, which was kind of months later and i just assumed Bill would recall it was a color order, but alas no). No hard feelings though. I punched my daughter in the leg while we were riding in the car a few minutes after I first saw the image and exclaimed how happy I was to be getting it. I got a tracking number, and should be able to scan it in this weekend. It may not have the color I wanted when we talked at NYCC but it is better draftsmanship than a con sketch, so it equals out.

I really do not understand why I can't save the image Bill emailed me, but I just can't do it. It actually looks like it is an exact recreation, just in b/w. I mean friggin' EXACT. (it was originally supposed to be in color but that part never made it to the final order, which was kind of months later and i just assumed Bill would recall it was a color order, but alas no). No hard feelings though. I punched my daughter in the leg while we were riding in the car a few minutes after I first saw the image and exclaimed how happy I was to be getting it. I got a tracking number, and should be able to scan it in this weekend. It may not have the color I wanted when we talked at NYCC but it is better draftsmanship than a con sketch, so it equals out.

Sounds like somethings always goes a little off with bill, he's so talented though.

Sounds like somethings always goes a little off with bill, he's so talented though.

well said, well said. I like him as far as I know him as well. He always greets me warmly as it has been a decade of convention meetings by now and is a good guy who never sets off my bs meter.

But now I have to think of something ELSE for him to do with color in it! maybe a groovy Jimi playing guitar!

Thank you for the kind words, Alex and Gerry (I bet you already colored it!) ;-)

I am quite pleased, feces eating grin in fact (wow, that looses some vim and vigor dunnit?!).

Thanks King! Rockin' on with my sock on! (saw some chili peppers on tv last night, forgive me) BTW, Gerry freakin' nailed it with some color. My emailed thank you underplayed it, but I cannot believe how beautiful a job he done did. I'll post those as well soon enough.

Thanks King! Rockin' on with my sock on! (saw some chili peppers on tv last night, forgive me) BTW, Gerry freakin' nailed it with some color. My emailed thank you underplayed it, but I cannot believe how beautiful a job he done did. I'll post those as well soon enough.

It came out great. Can't wait to see what it looks like with color. It's not the typical type of piece i see commissioned which makes it really cool too!