• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

14 posts in this topic

Dang, that Black Cat is awesome. Wish I had the $$$...Looking forward to see what comes out of this though!

Neal's work is great, but can get very expensive fast. The moment I found out he was going to be here in Phoenix, I contacted his son Jason ahead of time to arrange my sketches to pick up at the con. I'm spending close to $4,600 on the commissions I am getting from Neal Adams. I will say this Mighty John's prices are spot on considering he throws in CGC submission Fast Track and a good deal. Nice thing about going this route Neal gets to work on these commissions ahead of time in his time so they don't get rushed like they possibly could at cons.

i know you are offering a service. people then have the right to pay for that service or not. but when people know that he is very easy to talk to. online or in person and that his head shots are 300 its hard to pay that much more then the artists charges.

i know you have fees and you are including grading and your time. i stood and watched him do at least ten head shots for 300 today at megacon. maybe he is charging more at phoenix (shrug).

i was just trying to help. you said you couldnt believe that no one has jumped on this op. it was put in a way that i took it as a question. so i was just trying to help answer.

For what it's worth Neal's at home prices are higher than his show prices. I have spoke with Jason about prebooking before. He has told me that where quality is concerned it's worth it to prebook. As the show sketches while cheaper will not be as nice. Since Neal is constantly being interrupted for sigs and chats.

For what it's worth Neal's at home prices are higher than his show prices. I have spoke with Jason about prebooking before. He has told me that where quality is concerned it's worth it to prebook. As the show sketches while cheaper will not be as nice. Since Neal is constantly being interrupted for sigs and chats.

I agree with you dscott. I had multiple conversations with Jason before I finalized my commissions to be picked up at Phoenix Comic Con this year.

1. He would like me to get the order in before May 1st.

Reason - The closer to a con the more commissions he gets and the commission may get rushed vs if he receives the commission earlier he can work on it in his own time so they are not rushed.

2. At conventions Neal tends to have long lines waiting for to get sketches from him. The sketches can get rushed along with him talking with people and getting some interruptions the quality does go down.

3. Advance commissions gives Neal the time to research the character, issue, and other requests and if necessary he may contact you for a question or concern he may have during his research.

4. Jason is very knowledgeable about his father's works and has good suggestions on how to make a commission from Neal better

I have two commissions I am picking up at this con.

1. Batman #0

I am having him do a homage to Batman #244 with Daredevil holding his fighting stick over a beaten Batman in an alleyway.

Originally instead of holding his fighting stick it was going to be Batman's uniform, but Jason contacted me back after he spoke with his father agreeing to it with one of his concerns.

Jason - "Do you want the costume in daredevils hand rather than maybe his fighting stick? I always thought it was weird that Batman has pants on and also ras is holding his costume with pants intact."

I never thought about this before when looking at the issue because it was such a powerful image, but he was right it did look weird when I looked at it closer and went with his suggestion.

2. Green Lantern 13

With Neal Adams drawing a full figure Green Lantern on the right half of the book leaving Mike Grell room to draw Green Arrow on the left half at a future convention.

sorry for posting in your thread. i shouldnt have. i really wasnt trying to be nasty.

:kidaround: We are good man! I may not have made it clear in the first post that he would be working on these at home.

I actually have a few other opps for phoenix in the works so I may even end up canceling this one since there isn't much interest.

I don't think it's a matter of lack of interest more a lack of cash flow. If I had it available I'd be all over this. Neal does great commission work and I personally feel it's worth the price, it just happens to fall outside my price range and I'm sure it's the same for others here. 2c

sorry for posting in your thread. i shouldnt have. i really wasnt trying to be nasty.

:kidaround: We are good man! I may not have made it clear in the first post that he would be working on these at home.

I actually have a few other opps for phoenix in the works so I may even end up canceling this one since there isn't much interest.

I don't think it's a matter of lack of interest more a lack of cash flow. If I had it available I'd be all over this. Neal does great commission work and I personally feel it's worth the price, it just happens to fall outside my price range and I'm sure it's the same for others here. 2c

It does fall out of some people's price range, but it may have more to do with Neal offers an interest free payment plan if you go directly through him so you can pay off your commission in installments.