• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

detective #400...cgc 9.8!!! GL #76 cgc 9.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

132 posts in this topic

How long before the C & P Gang show up? foreheadslap.gif

10 seconds.

[!@#%^&^] 'em.

I'm going to enjoy reveling in an expensive and incredibly cool comic going off on eBay for once. I'll just ignore all the clever pressing jokes.

All recent onsite grading books?, as they don't show up yet in the system! frown.gif

I wanted to check out the rest of the invoice! confused-smiley-013.gif

Jesus Christ. I hate this guy. I never try to have high grade CGC auctions when he is listing. He sucks all the big money to his auctions. Where are these new high grade comics coming from. Who has been hoarding this stuff.

How long before the C & P Gang show up? foreheadslap.gif

Dunno, doesn't seem to feel the same if the thread isn't initiated by drdonaldblake. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

These are beautiful books, but I can't understand why people think that GL 76 is so hard to find in high grade. Even if this the first 9.6 copy in the census, it is a mainstream title from 1970 which almost by definition means it's not rare in HG, and was drawn by a very popular artist so undoubtedly got hoarded. There are more 9.6s out there, if not even better! 893whatthe.gif

I'd be surprised if the Detective 400 broke $3K. A couple of recent 9.6 sales will put a dampener on it and I don't think their prices would support this going for more.

With the GL76, the skys the limit. $5K, maybe even $6K.

I'll be interested to see what the HoS 92 does, as there haven't been any sales for over a year. A couple went in close proximity around the middle of last year, both for around $4K. The only ones to hit the market since then have had very aggressive starting bids.