• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

I just blew out a bunch of books (Goodbye, my run of WWBN :( ) to buy a new set of 17" tires and rims for my summer hobby:

8242614578_906cc17e26_c.jpg

Vintage cars and comic books. I can't afford both, so I usually have to sell something from one to pay for the other... :pullhair:

Sweet Rims!

You didn't trade a TOS 39 for them did you? :wishluck:

I just blew out a bunch of books (Goodbye, my run of WWBN :( ) to buy a new set of 17" tires and rims for my summer hobby:

Vintage cars and comic books. I can't afford both, so I usually have to sell something from one to pay for the other... :pullhair:

1968? badges looks like a 327. Sweet ride for sure!

Mike Schmidt baseball cards. I love rookies from the early 80s like mattingly strawberry etc. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid and love to get them now.

I love collecting Catfish Hunter cause he was a Yank and also a NC boy as well as Thurman Munson.

Yanks sux tho. :grin:

Of COURSE you know THIS means WAR!!!!

bugsbunnyMinuteman.jpg

:signfunny:

Sweet Rims!

Actually, those are the old rims - my new rims are en route, and much cooler! And no major keys were harmed in the saving for my new rims.

I think the TOS 39 comment is an inside Boardie joke from a few years ago, right? ???

1968? badges looks like a 327. Sweet ride for sure!

'67 with a 283. She's still bone stock, original engine with 90k miles. She was taken care of mechanically, and she's just a solid cruiser. Even my wife (who is not into old cars) was impressed with how smooth it operates! A few more drives and I'll be able to convince her to get in the back seat! :banana:

I think the TOS 39 comment is an inside Boardie joke from a few years ago, right? ???

yup

I did a search but could only go back two years and found jokes about it - I wonder where the original thread is.

Comics

Coins

Records

Sports Cards

Hot girls

I used to collect hot girls, but my wife made me get rid of my collection when we got married.

Sweet Rims!

Actually, those are the old rims - my new rims are en route, and much cooler! And no major keys were harmed in the saving for my new rims.

It is. Some boardie a few years ago traded, or said he did, a ToS 39 for some sweet and expensive rims for, iirc, a Dodge Charger (new edition)

I also bid on the unabomber's typewriter but missed out. :(

I live in Great Falls, MT - the Air Force base here (Malmstrom) is where they brought his cabin and belongings. There's a long-standing urban legend that someone stole his mailbox and that it was installed somewhere here in town...

I am from Havre, MT and my uncle owned a bar in Belt, MT. I always enjoyed going to the fair grounds in Great Falls.

I live in Great Falls, MT - the Air Force base here (Malmstrom) is where they brought his cabin and belongings. There's a long-standing urban legend that someone stole his mailbox and that it was installed somewhere here in town...

I am from Havre, MT and my uncle owned a bar in Belt, MT. I always enjoyed going to the fair grounds in Great Falls.

:applause: You escaped!

I kid, it's not that bad. When did you live up in Havre?

In the 60's and 70's, my Grandmother took me to Safeway in town to pick up my comics. She told me that someday my comics would be worth money. I sure miss her, she was my favorite person in the world.

In the 60's and 70's, my Grandmother took me to Safeway in town to pick up my comics. She told me that someday my comics would be worth money. I sure miss her, she was my favorite person in the world.

Nice! You're grandmother was pretty insightful!

101_0978.jpg

101_0997.jpg

]EAGLEMOSSASM2.jpg

......that about does it for Judy and I.......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

1839-O Halves are the only coins you collect, Jim? ;)

For me besides comics: US Coins, Sportscards (some non-sport), Models (cars and Aurora figures) and stamps a teensy bit. That's it.

I used to collect vintage hot wheels redlines - but sold them all off years ago, have -- here are some pics of my favorite rainbow - the Mighty Maverick

IMG_4904.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_4911.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

I also collect SNES games, kaiju/vinyl, vintage hot rod magazines, freakshow books,

Kaiju:

IMG_4075-1.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg