• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

Mike Schmidt baseball cards. I love rookies from the early 80s like mattingly strawberry etc. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid and love to get them now.

I love collecting Catfish Hunter cause he was a Yank and also a NC boy as well as Thurman Munson.

Yanks sux tho. :grin:

This is true, but Thurman Munson rocked!

Can't disagree. Even bought my Red Sox fan 9 yr-old a Munson statue. He was a true Yankee.

I just blew out a bunch of books (Goodbye, my run of WWBN :( ) to buy a new set of 17" tires and rims for my summer hobby:

8242614578_906cc17e26_c.jpg

Vintage cars and comic books. I can't afford both, so I usually have to sell something from one to pay for the other... :pullhair:

Sweet Rims!

You didn't trade a TOS 39 for them did you? :wishluck:

That car is absolutely da bomb.

Rare NIKE shoes.

O really? me too! but im not focused on rarity, just what i like (which is usually rare)

My favorite pair is my OG deadstock 'sheeds. My favorite to rock are my SB truereds.

Im also a big jordan head too with 11s (cool grey) and 13s (altitudes or flints) being my faves.

Mike Schmidt baseball cards. I love rookies from the early 80s like mattingly strawberry etc. I couldn't afford them when I was a kid and love to get them now.

I love collecting Catfish Hunter cause he was a Yank and also a NC boy as well as Thurman Munson.

Yanks sux tho. :grin:

This is true, but Thurman Munson rocked!

Can't disagree. Even bought my Red Sox fan 9 yr-old a Munson statue. He was a true Yankee.

Still have my Munson shirt from when i was 5 years old. My mom saved it and gave it to me years ago and it hangs in my man cave with my other Yankee memoribillia

Sports cards. Mostly hockey. Screen name is a dead give away for two favorites (thumbs u

Die cast cars, Formula One mainly. And though I don't consider them a collectable, hats from the 80's/early 90's. Old Sports Specialties, Logo Athletics, Starter. Had a friend who worked at a sports store in the mall back in the day and used to get me good deals on hats. I still wear them, so it's a usable collection I guess :banana:

In addition to comics, I am something of a DVD/Blu-ray nut. I realize this is probably a fool's game, given our ever-increasing evolution towards streaming all things at all times.

Consequently, I've limited myself to collecting the following:

1) DVDs by "boutique" labels. Basically, these are small distributors that release DVDs and Blu-rays of esoteric genre pictures. My favorite of these is a company called Mondo Macabro, but there are others worth collecting.

2) Doctor Who DVDs--I've got everything that's been released in region 1. :insane:

3) Criterion Collection--My favorite of the bunch. I've got several hundred of these at this point...about half of the total collection. I never get tired of checking out Criterion's "coming soon" page. :)

SH - Yeah, me too. I just forgot to include them in my thread starter.

I do, indeed, love me some DVDs. Well, actually, Blu-Rays now, as I've become a TOTAL snob that way for the past two years. lol.

Unfortunately, with so much of my cash being tied up in my other collections ( mostly on comics ), I'm rather frugal about what I choose to buy, so my collection isn't nearly as large as your's is. But, I love it nevertheless.

And yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from regarding the streaming thing.

With so much content available that way now & so many people making a permanent switch to no longer purchasing physical media & just getting by with subscriptions to services etc., it does seem to be almost "retro" to continue buying discs, but I can't help myself.

While I've made that switch with my music, my collector's mentality simply won't allow me to do so with my movies & fav shows. I just have to HAVE a piece of solid material placed upon a shelf that I can see & physically pick up & hold in my hand for me to be comfortable in owning the film. To me, there's no way that having a wee bitty icom in my laptop's storage just doesn't at all cut it. Nor does storage in some "cloud"...

Peace,

Jim