• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

I have Harlan Ellison's first typewriter.

TypewriterHarlan2_zpsfd001b3b.jpg

typewriter6_zps5645a44b.jpg

:applause:

I still have to see this in-person.

C'mon over. It still works!

(And it still has dried blood on the corner from when Harlan used it to bash in the head of an editor who asked him a silly question).

I don't collect them any more, but when I was about 5 or 6 I collected these things (briefly). I recently came across them in my mother's attic. For anybody too young to remember them, Chu-Bops were miniature record album replicas that contained a piece of gum shaped like an LP. (If you're too young to know what an LP is, I'm not even going to bother.)

023.JPG

024.JPG

I have Harlan Ellison's first typewriter.

TypewriterHarlan2_zpsfd001b3b.jpg

typewriter6_zps5645a44b.jpg

:applause:

I still have to see this in-person.

C'mon over. It still works!

(And it still has dried blood on the corner from when Harlan used it to bash in the head of an editor who asked him a silly question).

I think I will type a nastygram to Rob Liefeld on it. Seems fitting.

I don't collect them any more, but when I was about 5 or 6 I collected these things (briefly). I recently came across them in my mother's attic. For anybody too young to remember them, Chu-Bops were miniature record album replicas that contained a piece of gum shaped like an LP. (If you're too young to know what an LP is, I'm not even going to bother.)

023.JPG

024.JPG

Whoa! I completely forgot those existed. I remember the LP chewing gum!

I also collect die - cast excavators and brochures. I ran these in real life for 38 years. Also collect firearms and ammo. :acclaim:

diecastsdisplay008.jpg

diecastsdisplay007.jpg

diecastsdisplay006.jpg

diecastsdisplay002.jpg

diecastsdisplay003.jpg

tch9001.jpg

newdisplay008.jpg

rhino.jpg

mp15003.jpg

smithtandwesson002.jpg

Butterfly knives (aka balisongs). I also enjoy flipping them. It's a pretty agressive group of guys who take up this hobby but it's addicting.

Each of the knives in the picture are worth more than an Iron Fist #14 CGC 9.8 (just to give an idea of the rarity).

drawing.jpg

Butterfly knives (aka balisongs). I also enjoy flipping them. It's a pretty agressive group of guys who take up this hobby but it's addicting.

Each of the knives in the picture are worth more than an Iron Fist #14 CGC 9.8 (just to give an idea of the rarity).

drawing.jpg

Really? Cause I can go to Tijuana and find one for 5 bucks. lol