• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, what else do you love to collect other than comics?

155 posts in this topic

My 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe,Autographs,current and vintage toys.

I think we need pictures of the Oakland. :applause:

1929 is the last year of the Oakland,in 1930 Oakland became Pontiac.As per the Pontiac/Oakland owners association,there are only three known to still exist.

MA3.jpg

Very nice. What are you using for reference material? Are either of the other two fully/accurately restored?

Yes the other two are restored.I bought the car(believe it or not) from the original owner,and he told me how he courted his wife in the car.He had given me several original photos of the car when new,And I also have the original owners manual and pink slip.

My 5 all-time favorites

comics

cards(baseball,MTG)

coins

action figures

video games

and 5 I am discovering to be fun.

Les Paul guitars

Peralta skate boards

Air Jordan sneakers

classic cars

rolex watches

It`s amazing at all the different cultures and passion amongst these communities.

The one thing though is comics has by far the most knowlegable hobby board in CGC

:cloud9:

I didn't find the thread that talked about the Jabba's Palace Lego set 9516, but it is now being discontinued. Someone has 1 listed on ebay for $2500.

Turkish Muslims say it looks like there mosque.

The article says that : 'It is clear that the ugly figure of Jabba and the whole scene smacks of racial prejudice and vulgar insinuations against Asians and Orientals as people with deceitful and criminal personalities."

The statement said that the figures in the set are made to resemble 'terrorists, criminals and murderers'.

ROTJ has been around for almost 30 years.

Well I don't know if I would consider this collecting yet, and I'm surely not in it for investment reasons but I'm gonna try out a new hobby I've been tinkering around with for the last year. I watched the documentary "special when lit" and it sparked my interest to give pinball a try and I ended up finding it quite enjoyable. along with being fun, I find some of the machines beautiful to look at honestly. I just purchased my first one which is being shipped across the country, I should have it in a few weeks. I don't know if anyone else on these boards shares my interest in pinball but I just thought I would share anyway. Here it is.

creature2_zps5fa71e2c.jpg

creature1_zps9629447d.jpg

creature3_zps2d4b6813.jpg

Great game.

I've got 8 machines so far. I've been lucky and bought some solid bargain games from the 80's (a special kind of cheesiness), mostly off Craigslist, and fixed them up in my spare time (what little there is). Feel free to pm me if you ever want to talk pinball. A couple other board members are/have been into pinball.

Thanks guys. I'm still a pinball newb so I don't know how to do alot of work to them just yet. I wish I did as I could buy them cheap and fix them up myself. The machine I bought has been fully restored. It's over 20 years old and looks practically brand new inside and out. I'm pretty excited.

Well I don't know if I would consider this collecting yet, and I'm surely not in it for investment reasons but I'm gonna try out a new hobby I've been tinkering around with for the last year. I watched the documentary "special when lit" and it sparked my interest to give pinball a try and I ended up finding it quite enjoyable. along with being fun, I find some of the machines beautiful to look at honestly. I just purchased my first one which is being shipped across the country, I should have it in a few weeks. I don't know if anyone else on these boards shares my interest in pinball but I just thought I would share anyway. Here it is.

creature2_zps5fa71e2c.jpg

creature1_zps9629447d.jpg

creature3_zps2d4b6813.jpg

Very cool!

collected meteorites for a while. (if one lands nearby grab it-if of a decent size-very valuable....

wacky packages

wackypackagesallnewseries3full.jpg

As of late I've been collecting 1977-1985 Diamondback BMX bicycle frames. I picked up a '83 Diamondback Viper complete bike at a local flea market for $45 and it brought back such great memories I had as a kid.

Other collections: Redline Hot Wheels, CARtoons magazines, Kotobukiya figures, G.I.Joe Mini Busts.

Elvis

I typically focus on one collecting hobby at a time. I HAVE a comic collection, but I'm not currently focused on it. Right now it's Magic: the Gathering cards. In the past I have collected sports cards, toys, McFarlane sports figures, and coins. Some collections I still have, others I have sold off over time.