• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics @ MEGACON! 3 NEW COLLECTIONS

38 posts in this topic

I'll be easily distinguished from the other Boardies; as usual I'll be the one spending money.

We support Dale in other ways; some of us buy him a burger (me), some of us give him a back rub (Jim), some of us give him a back rub with oil, while partially undressed (Greggy).......

It's all good. :eek:

I would really rather you just all buy something....especially Greggy

I'll be easily distinguished from the other Boardies; as usual I'll be the one spending money.

We support Dale in other ways; some of us buy him a burger (me), some of us give him a back rub (Jim), some of us give him a back rub with oil, while partially undressed (Greggy).......

It's all good. :eek:

I would really rather you just all buy something....especially Greggy

???

As a few of you know, I bought the collection of Denver Sherry, an old time collector/dealer from the Nashville area. He passed away a couple of years ago, and the family called me to see if I was interested. There were roughly 30 boxes, about 60% Golden Age, 30% Silver Age, and 10% Bronze. I have gone through everything and whittled the best stuff down to about 10 boxes, which I will be bringing to the show. Lots of Pre-code horror, ECs (including a Crime Suspenstories #20, 22), Disneys, Super-Hero, quite a bit of Eisner, Kurtzman, LB Cole, and some Frazetta, Baker, Fine, etc mixed in. Some really rare stuff too, including many Gerber 7s and 8s.

There were also somewhere around 200/250 Spirit Sections, including the first 30 or so complete.

Denver was another of those old time dealers that set up in shows around this area. Always seemed to have a decent selection of GA. Not a mega key kind of dealer, but a nice mix of stuff. Kind of a gruff old guy, but certainly missed. If I recall correctly, he was killed by a drunk driver.

BTW, hi Walter. Didn't realize that was you... doh!

Hi, Dale! :hi:

I'd like to be told before I leave on Sunday if any Boardies spent more than I spent so I can reverse that order.
feel free to come on over to our booth :wishluck:

I'd like to be told before I leave on Sunday if any Boardies spent more than I spent so I can reverse that order.

You sell $100K books, though. :eek:

I will have books from 50cents to 150K...all price points in between...

I know I am not as dreamy or cool as dale, but I will be there all by myself hoping to sell a book or two :wishluck:

I know I am not as dreamy or cool as dale, but I will be there all by myself hoping to sell a book or two :wishluck:

Stay away from my customers....You go sell your Batman #1, and leave the normal people to me.

Stay away from my customers....You go sell your Batman #1, and leave the normal people to me.

I'm not normal

Normal.

lol