• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT'S IN YOUR COLLECTION: GUILTY PLEASURES

71 posts in this topic

I was going through my boxes and found a comic that at the time I was realy into, but now go confused.gif

The title in question is :The Trouble With Girls",Will Gerard , and Gerard Jones. A story of a man

looking to live the simple life(50's white picket fence,wife with pearl necklace...),but confined to

the life of a jet-setting,James Bond type,Reads very tonuge-in -cheek humor.Keep it because

i was given a copy by Gerard Jones at a con. What i ask is what's YOUR Guilty Pleasure.

I have the two Ironwood graphic novel collections.

Some more guilty pleasures: my two volumes of Playboy's LITTLE ANNIE FANNY and my single volume of OH WICKED WANDA! from Penthouse.

shocked.gifawe the simple pleasures cloud9.gif

I have the two Ironwood graphic novel collections.

Some more guilty pleasures: my two volumes of Playboy's LITTLE ANNIE FANNY and my single volume of OH WICKED WANDA! from Penthouse.

Harvey rocked!!! Didnt know Annie Fanny was compiled! *heads off to amazon*

Guilty Pleasure... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A complete run of the original Megaton.

Eric Larsen's first comic art.

I so love Larsen. cloud9.gif

And he's a hell of a nice guy. thumbsup2.gif

For thoses of us that don't know ,a little history of the story's please. What is the book about??

(this is so readers to the post have some idea of whats the story,this is not a rip on anyone)

some of this i know, others i realy don;t,Me Bad. Back to You now. hi.gif

Bang! featuring Sally Forth by Wally Wood, nearly everything by Robert Crumb, Click and Butterscotch by Milo Manara, a couple of Cherry Poptarts, etc.

MR. NATURAL BY R. CRUMB 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Mr. Natural was a great character but stories featuring him tended towards satire rather than all-out misanthropy. His later works about Devil Girl were far more about the damaged Crumb psyche and his warped attitude towards women than anything subtextual.

I'd say that those stories, along with the ones I listed above, are guilty pleasures, i.e. the sort of comics that you're not likely to show anyone, especially the wife/girlfriend, lest she thinks you're a sad old perv. blush.gif

I actually met a girl who bore a stunning resemblance to Devil Girl once. When I first saw her, I felt like Flakey Foont. 893whatthe.gif