• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vintage GI Joe experts...vehicle/playset part ID's! (Updated 3/17) Please help!

57 posts in this topic

Anyone know where these parts are from? I've already got an ID on the GI Joe Ripper accessory on the bottom.

parts_zps66e0be86.jpg

Peace,

Chip

top row right red thing is the for the cobra mamba and helps dislodge the missile.

white bazooka is accessory pack item for joe and its broken

Anyone know where these parts are from? I've already got an ID on the GI Joe Ripper accessory on the bottom.

parts_zps66e0be86.jpg

Peace,

Chip

top row right red thing is the for the cobra mamba and helps dislodge the missile.

Tha black gun like thing is Grimlock the Dinobot's missile launcher I believe.

parts_zps66e0be86.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Tha black gun like thing is Grimlock the Dinobot's missile launcher I believe.

You are correct, it is Grimlocks.

Pat

Okay, after mind-numbing scouring of yojoe.com and eBay looking for part ID's, I've narrowed it down to the four pictures in the first post. If anyone can help me identify those parts, please do. Some of them definitely not not seem like Joe parts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peace,

Chip

The maroon boomrang thing on the top looks like a piece from Rhino of the M.A.S.K line.

Pat

100% right.

The purple action figure is a villain mook from Kenner's "Air Raiders" line, c.'89.

The GI Joe bazooka was mentioned correctly as a weapon pack re-issue, and is missing the sights nub.

To the left of the bazooka, a seeming black piece w/ a "light" decal... racked my brains.

... got it! It is one of a pair of 'downlamps' for the Cobra Rattler attack jet, from off the wings, near the engines. If BLUE, they are original, if BLACK (which it appears) it must be from the "Tiger Force" re-issue, c. '88.

(thumbs u

Ok... dang, I miss this joint.

parts1_zpsab0c5b80.jpg

Top Row:

#1-3 = (3) Original 'Joe "Vamp" jeep vehicle guns, c.'82.

#8 = He-Man original Castle Greyskull cannon.

2nd Row:

#5 = Support shaft for smaller, secondary topside gun from original 'Joe Headquarters, c.'82.

#7-9 = Missle pcs. from short-lived, 1980s Fisher-Price, Military "Construx" building sets, c. '83. *Red pc. fits into silver, 2-stage base.

#10-11 (upper) = Green, 2 pcs. front fork suspension for 'Joe "Mirage" attack-cycle, c. '85.

#12 (upper) = Square base for 'Joe "Flamethrower" P.A.C. R.A.T. *bits & pcs. went all over the place w/ these; more to follow.

3rd Row:

#1-2 = Directional fan blades for Cobra "Water Moccasin", c. '84.

#4 = Bulletproof panels for 'Joe "Flamethrower" P.A.C. R.A.T.

#5-7 = (3) Missles for Cobra "Trouble Bubble", c.'85.

#11 & #13 = Missle for Cobra "Snow Viper", c. '85. *attaches to backpack, but are always missing the teeny bi-pod support arm.

#12 & #13 = Missles from Cobra "Scrap Iron" figure, c.'84. *blue is weapons pack re-issue; red is original.

4th Row:

#1 & #4 = 2 of 3 Tank Tread support arms for 'Joe "Flamethrower" P.A.C. R.A.T.

#6 (upper) = 1 of 4 smaller rockets for Cobra "Rattler" jet; black is original color.

#9 = Front controls & landing gear for Cobra "Claw" jet-hanglider vehicle.

**more in a bit.

parts3_zpsebfc9895.jpg

Top Row:

Last 2 items = (2) Insert pcs. for Cobra "Snake" armor-robot when not placing a figure inside.

2nd Row:

Last 3 items = (3) Green pcs. from the Military "Construx" I spoke of from the 1st pic.

3rd Row(?):

#4 (?) = Green, rear single-swingarm (tire missing) for 'Joe "Mirage" motorcyle mentioned from 1st pic.

Next to mentioned #4 above = 1 of 3 tank treads for 'Joe P.A.C. R.A.T. "Flamethrower" as mentioned in the 1st pic. *this appears to the right-side track.

Bottom Row:

#2 = Purple canopy for Kenner M.A.S.K. "Piranha" sidecar-submarine vehicle, c.'85.

#4 = Rear engine vent for Cobra "Bugg" vehicle, c. '88.

#5 = Silver pc. for Fisher-Price, Space "Construx", simular to those cited earlier.

Bottom Row:

#2 = Green engine cover for 'Joe "Havoc" vehicle, c.'86.

Hey, a 'eureka' just came to me from this same pic...

Top Row:

#6-7 (lower) = Both wingtip guns from Captain Power "XT-7" Jet, c.'87. *wrked like a light-gun w/ TV show & VHS for the win!

lol , that was a good one if I do say so myself!

Need some help with (mostly) GI Joe parts identification. If you can help, please do!

parts1_zpsab0c5b80.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Left to right top to bottom

Top Row

1 - Vamp Gun

2 - Vamp Gun

3 - Vamp Gun

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

Middle Top Row

1 -

2 - Awe Striker Gun

3 - Annihilator - Helicopter Backpack and gun (That goes with a figure)

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 - Space shuttle access hatch?

8 -

9 -

10 - Silver Mirage Motorcycle Green Axle and Wheel hub - might be

11 - Silver Mirage Motorcycle Green Axle and Wheel hub - might be

12 -

13 -

14 -

15 -

Third Row

1 - Water Moccasin - Steer Flap

2 - Water Moccasin - Steer Flap

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 - Snow Serpent Anti Tank Missile Cannon - Fits on the side of the Snow Serpent's backpack

12 - Replacement Weapon pack version of the Snow Cat missile - original was yellow

13 - Snow Serpent Anti Tank Missile Cannon - Fits on the side of the Snow Serpent's backpack

14 - Scrap Iron's missile to his missile stand (Goes with the figure)

15 -

16 -

Fourth Row

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 - Cobra Rattler Sidewinder missile

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -