• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Lighthouse--- 3 months have passed, and still no book or refund...

267 posts in this topic

I've sent emails ... I've sent PM's... I've emailed thru eBAY, and so far.. nothing.. nada... zilch.... zero... I have gotten no response, no refund, and no book. How about put up or shut up time? In other words...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Hellllllooooooooooooooooooo

Or did you just plan on keeping my 35$ and ignoring me?

This has already been played off once by everyone in the 'Marketplace' when I complained... but so far.. I still havent heard anything or received anything from you...

I know media mail is slow, but COME ON....

The least decent thing you could do is send me a PM saying that you apologize for the delay..

The most decent thing you could do is either immediatly refund my money via paypal (I still have the transaction ID) or send me the book I ordered via Priority Mail.

Ok...... Im waiting for an answer...... Prove you arent a thief, and respond to my post.

sign-rantpost.gif

I have been in contact with 'House recently. Here is part of an e-mail he sent.

"if you should happen to see people asking where the heck I am, I would appreciate you letting them know that I may not get PMs right away and that they should email me at tpbking@comcast.net"

I don't think he would mind me telling you that there are extenuating circumstances, but he did ask me not to share the details. I also understand your frustration around not getting your order. I hope things work out.

well i can tell you this since i met him at the WC. he's definitely not a thief, he just got his priorties screwed up. i do know that he was ill for awhile. gossip.gif

I agree, I chatted with him in SF and in SD, certainly not a thief, but perhaps a serious slacker. There must be a reason for this. Another forum member (who shall remain nameless) e-mailed me (why me? I have no idea) about a financial matter regarding he and Lighthouse which was much more serious than any TPB, and this guy has also received no response (as of about a week ago). Maybe he is ill again, maybe injured, maybe held prisoner in a nudie bar? I dunno, but I really do not believe he is a thief. There must be something up. -----Sid

Look, I've known House for over 5 years. He may be slow. He may not get you your books when you want them (or even this century). But he's not a thief and he's not out to rip anyone off.

Sometimes people let things slide that they shouldn't. I can definately say this is the case with House. However, if you give it time to work itself out (gentle reminders help too) he will come thru for you. And he usually will more than make up for letting you down.

Write it down and the next time he surfaces remind him. He'll take care of it.

Look, I've known House for over 5 years. He may be slow. He may not get you your books when you want them (or even this century). But he's not a thief and he's not out to rip anyone off.

Sometimes people let things slide that they shouldn't. I can definately say this is the case with House. However, if you give it time to work itself out (gentle reminders help too) he will come thru for you. And he usually will more than make up for letting you down.

Write it down and the next time he surfaces remind him. He'll take care of it.

I think TK (and various others) feels like he's WELL BEYOND the "give it time" stage.

I'd say it's time to start taking other methods to get your money back, gents. confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think he would mind me telling you that there are extenuating circumstances, but he did ask me not to share the details.

I think the reputation of Lighthouse on these boards is declining rapidly. I don't care what the 'circumstances' are; his customer service appears to be horrendous.

The worst part of it is that he started his latest TPB venture with the help of the board, and then has proceeded to mess everyone around. Not good. frown.gif

Well Carl, your customer service is exemplary, so you are way ahead of him.

have you ever purchased from the both of them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

this was the last time i'd heard from him via PM:

Re: drhsdhsd lighthouse 07/13/04 09:38 PM

confused-smiley-013.gif