• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Marvel Copper stories you consider the best (and why)?

106 posts in this topic

Isn't that the "cosmic" Spidey?

No.

It is the new alien costume/symbiote, but in this story, Firelord is mistaken as the aggressor, Spidey kinda picks on him, and Firelord knew he could beat Spidey, even with his new-found strength, but to do so probably would have FL killing SM or at least injuring him gravely. So, FL decides to "take a dive" and lets SM beat him.

-slym

Huge Copper Spidey fan, but there is no way Spidey can beat Firelord.......sorry.

.......that's like saying Bats can beat Sups......

That's why I can't bring myself to adding the 2 issues to my collection.

But if you have read the issues, you know why it happened. The explanation is part of what makes it a great story.

(thumbs u

-slym

I peeked the spoiler and I like it… :D

That’s in the same vein of the Dr. Strange story: Dr. Strange (unlike Jim Shooter) knows that the Beyonder is a nonsensical character (as he is not basically an entity, but something "omnipotent", and unreal), so he just points out all the inconsistencies in his motivation, until in some way the Beyonder is "won" by Dr. Strange. That’s IIRC.

I agree with you, Slym. I first read this arc in Marvel Tales, since it was above my reading level when it first came out. Hooked me on this era of Spidey and served as an early gateway into some of the cosmic stuff.

Huge Copper Spidey fan, but there is no way Spidey can beat Firelord.......sorry.

.......that's like saying Bats can beat Sups......

That's why I can't bring myself to adding the 2 issues to my collection.

But if you have read the issues, you know why it happened. The explanation is part of what makes it a great story.

(thumbs u

-slym

Thanks for the suggestion, friend. I'll look it over again.