• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants GN Printings?

13 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new here but I've been lurking for a little while. I was hoping you guys could help me out with an identification issue I've been trying to find the answer to. Does anyone have information on how to identify which printing of the New Mutants GN a copy is? If you can do it by the cover that would be especially helpful. I've wanted to pick up the 1st printing but I'm having trouble figuring out what printing a copy is as I try to buy it on ebay. Thanks so much!

It's on the first page. You'll probably have to ask the seller if he doesn't say in the description.

If he doesn't tell you, move on to someone who will. It's not something that's hard to find.

I believe they raised the price from $4.95 to $5.95 for the US at some point, but I can't remember which printing they did that with. In looking at pictures online, it looks like they added a Canadian price of $5.95 along with the US price of $4.95 on the 2nd printing. The first printing simply has a $4.95 cover price.

I'm pretty sure Dice is right. If it doesn't say what printing it is - it must be the first. All the others state which printing they are. Same for other issues as well I think.

I'm pretty sure Dice is right. If it doesn't say what printing it is - it must be the first. All the others state which printing they are. Same for other issues as well I think.

I don't think tha'ts always the case. I recently found a Death of Captain Marvel GN that had a $5.95 cover price and no indication it was not a first print. The first prints didn't have that cover so it can't be a first print.