• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Just getting non-comic book fans excited for GotG is a win for Marvel/Disney.

You're dead on. Like I said earlier, I wasn't a big fan of GOTG, and had no desire to see the film until I saw Groot and Rocket kicking trash in the trailer.

http://www.hsx.com/security/view/GOTGX

"investors" weren't impressed. "stock" down 12% since the trailer release.

The Hollywood Stock Exchange, or HSX, is a web-based, multiplayer game in which players use simulated money to buy and sell "shares" of actors, directors, upcoming films, and film-related options. ...

NOT REAL MONEY...

It will be interesting to see how Astonish 13 / hulk 271 / preview 7 do in the next little while.

I don't think there is any doubt that the movie will make box office, as Disney will pump a lot of money in advertising and promotion, guaranteeing a huge take just on the first week alone.

And since you brought up TMNT, GotG wil need to make more $$$ than all the TMNT movies combined, just to make a profit, so you'd be far better off comparing this to X-Men, Spider-man, Thor, Iron Man, etc.

In comparing GOTG to TMNT, I wasn't referring to the cultivated financial profit the turtle films have benefited from, nor am I suggesting that GOTG will share the same success as TMNT. In fact, I doubt that will happen. I'm implying that you can take something as simple as a talking raccoon and a walking tree and turn them into enormously popular icons. TMNT proved that a long time ago.

Well, we're going to find out how they compare at the box office. The TMNT movie opens exactly one week after GOTG.

SuperHeroHype.com poll

lol, what's next, a poll from datelessnerds.com?

A nerd making fun of a nerdy website. hm

Read much?

I was simply stating that going to superherohype.com for an unbiased opinion of a fanboy-fueld funny book movie is idiotic at best.

What's next, weloveallsuperheromovies.com?

SuperHeroHype.com poll

Read much?

I was simply stating that going to superherohype.com for an unbiased opinion of a fanboy-fueld funny book movie is idiotic at best.

why do you treat people like ?

SuperHeroHype.com poll

Read much?

Why do people act like "spoon"?

I was clearly NOT a "nerd making fun of a nerdy website", just stating clearly that SuperHeroHype.com *might* not be the best place to get unvarnished opinions on comic book movies.

I remember people on here screaming how great Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and even the first Fantastic Four movies were, telling people to go see them, slamming anyone who had any negative reviews of the movies, etc.

Now of course, they're all using 20-20 hindsight and slamming them as drek, but not when they were released. :boo:

SuperHeroHype.com poll

Read much?

+1

I gotta say I'm starting to get pissed off, myself.

The Hollywood Stock Exchange, or HSX, is a web-based, multiplayer game in which players use simulated money to buy and sell "shares" of actors, directors, upcoming films, and film-related options. ...

NOT REAL MONEY...

It will be interesting to see how Astonish 13 / hulk 271 / preview 7 do in the next little while.

I've got my eyes on both Hulk 271, and MP 7 right now. I was fortunate enough to land a practically free copy of MP 4 on Craigslist!

NOT REAL MONEY...

I've got my eyes on both Hulk 271, and MP 7 right now. I was fortunate enough to land a practically free copy of MP 4 on Craigslist!

I've been watching mp4 and 7 for a while but can't seem to find any deals, nice pickup!

SuperHeroHype.com poll

Read much?

I was clearly NOT a "nerd making fun of a nerdy website", just stating clearly that SuperHeroHype.com *might* not be the best place to get unvarnished opinions on comic book movies.

I remember people on here screaming how great Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and even the first Fantastic Four movies were, telling people to go see them, slamming anyone who had any negative reviews of the movies, etc.

Now of course, they're all using 20-20 hindsight and slamming them as drek, but not when they were released. :boo:

So, "LOL, what's next, a poll from datelessnerds.com?" clearly translates into "I was clearly NOT a "nerd making fun of a nerdy website", just stating clearly that SuperHeroHype.com *might* not be the best place to get unvarnished opinions on comic book movies."? hm

"I remember people on here screaming how great Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and even the first Fantastic Four movies were, telling people to go see them, slamming anyone who had any negative reviews of the movies, etc. Now of course, they're all using 20-20 hindsight and slamming them as drek, but not when they were released."

So let's just slam every comic book movie that we hope will be good. I think that's the best approach. (thumbs u

SuperHeroHype.com poll

Read much?

So, "LOL, what's next, a poll from datelessnerds.com?" clearly translates into "I was clearly NOT a "nerd making fun of a nerdy website", just stating clearly that SuperHeroHype.com *might* not be the best place to get unvarnished opinions on comic book movies."? hm

"I remember people on here screaming how great Daredevil, Ghost Rider, and even the first Fantastic Four movies were, telling people to go see them, slamming anyone who had any negative reviews of the movies, etc. Now of course, they're all using 20-20 hindsight and slamming them as drek, but not when they were released."

So let's just slam every comic book movie that we hope will be good. I think that's the best approach. (thumbs u

GOTG WILL be EPIC. :) only x-men DOFP and FF2.0 will suck. :shy:

Honestly, I'm getting a strong Green Lantern vide from that trailer.

The excitement over Rocket Raccoon and Groot reminds me of all the excitement over first seeing Sinestro and the GL Corps....which turned out to be the best thing about the movie but wasn't enough to save it.

Unless they release a significantly better trailer or I hear some serious positive word of mouth when it's released, this is looking like a definite wait-for-the-video movie.

Honestly, I'm getting a strong Green Lantern vide from that trailer.

The excitement over Rocket Raccoon and Groot reminds me of all the excitement over first seeing Sinestro and the GL Corps....which turned out to be the best thing about the movie but wasn't enough to save it.

Unless they release a significantly better trailer or I hear some serious positive word of mouth when it's released, this is looking like a definite wait-for-the-video movie.

Really? I remember the lack of excitement when the Green Lantern trailer came out. I also don't remember any kind of hype or excitement for Sinestro. I also remember all of the complaints about Reynolds being in this film instead of a Deadpool film.

Different perspectives I suppose.

The trailer didn't make me to want to see the movie, the step brother actor feels out of place.

Plus seeing Chris Pratt....

chris-pratt-on-parks-and-rec.jpg

But I'm guessing you have to see this to fit all the pieces together.

The trailer didn't make me to want to see the movie, the step brother actor feels out of place.

That one picture changed my entire outlook on this movie! I definitely don't want to see it now. Thank you!

:eek:

Sorry!

That one picture changed my entire outlook on this movie! I definitely don't want to see it now. Thank you!

:eek:

Sorry!

lol

I went back to edit my post but I deleted it instead. Oops.

Anyways. I think all the mixed feelings regarding this film is incredibly interesting, and honestly, I can understand all the mixed feelings.

Marvel Studios is smart.

A lot of people are looking forward to see another Marvel super-hero team movie (Avengers 2).

This movie will fill the void since there's no Avengers film this year. If it's any good then word of mouth will do the rest. I suspect it will do better than many think. We shall see.