• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I have never read a GOTG comic before, but for some reason I am so pumped up to see this movie. I have a friend that manages a movie theatre, and he is hooking me up with this baby.....

IMG_6759.jpg

Nice! Can I have it?

I have never read a GOTG comic before, but for some reason I am so pumped up to see this movie. I have a friend that manages a movie theatre, and he is hooking me up with this baby.....

IMG_6759.jpg

"Tommy like Wingy!!" (worship)

That is really cool! Congrats on scoring it and on your choice of friends :applause:

(If your friend can get two - I promise to make it worth both your while :whistle: )

IMG_6759.jpg

"Tommy like Wingy!!" (worship)

That is really cool! Congrats on scoring it and on your choice of friends :applause:

(If your friend can get two - I promise to make it worth both your while :whistle: )

Ill say something to him and give it a shot, but dont expect much. I practically had to promise to wash his car for months to get him to track it down for me.

IMG_6759.jpg

Good job. I worked at a movie theatre in college and got a lot of cool theatre-style double sided posters like these. The thing that makes your score cool is that all Disney material is supposed to be destroyed after the movie leaves the theatre. I rescued a bunch of posters and standees from dumpsters, only to see countless "haunted mansion" materials used to create a bonfire or serve as props to theme parties.

IMG_6759.jpg

Good job. I worked at a movie theatre in college and got a lot of cool theatre-style double sided posters like these. The thing that makes your score cool is that all Disney material is supposed to be destroyed after the movie leaves the theatre. I rescued a bunch of posters and standees from dumpsters, only to see countless "haunted mansion" materials used to create a bonfire or serve as props to theme parties.

The thought of all that cool stuff being destroyed.....gives me chills!! Yeah needless to say I don't get nearly as many from him as id like, but he understands my obsession with comics and the related films and hooks me up when he can! I think this is the 12th different poster he has scored for me over the past couple years. Ill keep getting them as long as he is willing to sneak them out for me!!

IMG_6759.jpg

Does anyone know the "why" of Disney wanting all theater promotional material destroyed? That just seems so unnecessary.

Just like keeping stuff in the "Vault," they obviously have some rhyme to their reason - such an empire they have created. [/q

So maybe my poster will be worth millions and millions of dollars as I could be one of the few to smuggle out a Disney item that should have been destroyed!! Muahahahaha!!

Today.

I skipped through a lot of this trying to find GOTG stuff. This guy loves himself too much, and it didn't really hear him talk about this movie. :sorry:

Sorry to put you through that. He definitely strokes his own ego quite frequently from the sounds of it.

But in the beginning, he mentions tonight there is going to be a live chat with the creative team and Chris Pratt.