• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

The music is awesome, and perfect for the trailers.

I don't get all the hate.

Peace,

Chip

It feels too jokey to me. Comedic relief is fine but they preface the movie as saving the universe - which is epic stuff. I guess we should just haw-haw because there is a talking raccoon?

This.

So the people that hate the songs:

hm please give us your suggestions of songs that will better the trailer

So what you are saying is if I dislike the tunes in the trailer I have to suggest better tunes? Is that how it works?

No, I'm not a big fan of these songs either.. But they work for the trailer for me better than the newest one direction or Katy Perry song.

I also think that that mix tape is part of the movie, not just a random song chosen to get attention.

So what you are saying is if I dislike the tunes in the trailer I have to suggest better tunes? Is that how it works?

No, I'm not a big fan of these songs either.. But they work for the trailer for me better than the newest one direction or Katy Perry song.

I also think that that mix tape is part of the movie, not just a random song chosen to get attention.

And there is part of the worry for me for this movie - Star Lord makes crappy jokes and likes crappy music! That is a not good sign.

Trailers don't need to have any music in them.

Man, this movie is getting me hooked on a ton of music. I had seriously never heard Spirit in the Sky before, but I am LOVING it lol.

Ha, when I went to this link it has a GOTG trailer :)

"Fuel" - Metallica :headbang:
Love that song but you'd alienate millions of people that don't like heavy metal. The goal is to find songs that will appeal to a wide audience.... which they've done. Your selection would guarantee a flop at the box office. I'm glad you don't have anything to do with the decision making for this movie.

Love that song but you'd alienate millions of people that don't like heavy metal. The goal is to find songs that will appeal to a wide audience.... which they've done. Your selection would guarantee a flop at the box office. I'm glad you don't have anything to do with the decision making for this movie.
You'd also alienate those who love heavy metal but believe that album was the final blow that killed heavy metal and it never recovered. :baiting:

You'd also alienate those who love heavy metal but believe that album was the final blow that killed heavy metal and it never recovered. :baiting:

lol That's true, too.

Maybe they should use "Enter Sandman". That song always gets my adrenaline pumping. We could all get nuts in the theater and start fistfighting when the song is played.