• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

No I havent read the comics but hollywood doesnt always follow the comics

It's not a specific story, but the characters on-screen personas are fleshed out and inspired on those series of books. Meaning: the spirit of the movie is derived from a series with characters that are much-loved among comic readers and easily identifiable with the casual movie-goer.

This is where Marvel is doing an excellent job with their film properties. Not telling a specific story, but capturing the essence of the characters people love and introducing them to new ones that have positive qualities through stories that average viewers can follow and comic fans can enjoy. You may want to go read those books before continuing to proclaim that it's going to flop like Green Lantern.

Do you read any comics?

I don't eat beets-does that mean I don't eat any foods?

I highly recommend Guardians of the Galaxy comics. I had no idea what they were about until October. I read a few issues and stopped then went back to read the following as I was hooked:

Annihilation: 1-6

Annihilation: Conquest: 1-6

Annihilation: Conquest: Conquest Prologue: 1

Annihilation: Conquest: Quasar: 1-4

Annihilation: Conquest: Starlord: 1-4

Annihilation: Conquest: Wraith 1-4

Annihilation: Heralds of Galactus: 1-2

Annihilation: Nova: 1-4

Annihilation: Prologue: 1

Annihilation: Ronan: 1-4

Annihilation: Silver Surfer: 1-4

Annihilation: Super Skrull: 1, 3-4

Guardians of the Galaxy (2008): 1-25

Guardians of the Galaxy (2013): .1 - 9

Hulk (1962): 1-6, 271

Infinity Abyss: 1-6

Infinity Crusade: 1-6

Infinity Gauntlet: 1-6

Infinity War: 1-6

Marvel Universe: The End: 1-6

Nova (2007): 1-15, 23-36

Nova Annual (2007): 1

Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard: 1-5

Realm of Kings: Inhumans: 1-5

Rocket Raccoon: 1-4

Secret Invasion: War of Kings One-Shot: 1

Thanos (2003): 1-12

Thanos Imperative: 1-6

Thanos Imperative: Ignition: 1

Thanos Imperative: Devastation: 1

Thanos Quest: 1-2

War of Kings: 1-6

War of Kings: Ascension: 1-3

War of Kings: Saga: 1

What If?: Annihilation: 1

X-Men: Kingbreaker: 1, 3

Been wanting to grab a copy of Fear 19 for my son who thinks Howard the Duck is cool. (he likes Rocket and has a hulk 271) Been putting it off but when I heard this today I had to grab a cheap copy before the speculators run up the Howard prices.

Do you read any comics?

So which comic books are you reading at the moment?

Do you read any comics?

Batman

batman-smiley-batman-bat-superhero-smiley-emoticon-000136-facebook.gif

I was at a Stan Lee talk on the weekend and he said his cameo in GOTG was great... But I could have sworn he said in an interview before that he wasn't going to have a cameo because he didn't create or know anything about it? :shrug:

He changed his mind.

No, I'm not joking, he hasn't given a deeper reason than that to my knowledge.

Do you read any comics?

Old school stuff-Eternals, kirby cap, some romance titles, silver star, capt victory, perez avengers, new gods, demon, challengers of unknown.

I was at a Stan Lee talk on the weekend and he said his cameo in GOTG was great... But I could have sworn he said in an interview before that he wasn't going to have a cameo because he didn't create or know anything about it? :shrug:

He changed his mind.

I had seen an article that noted quite a few of his appearances in Marvel movies. I forgot he appears in Fox's 'X-Men' during the beach scene.

hm I had respect for him not appearing in it, it was nice to hear him admit that he never had anything to do with it, but then at the Talk in London – the way he was talking was as if he created it lol - that's Stan I guess… Still, that said… it'll be cool to see his cameo – it's always fun spotting him.

Anybody else follow James Gunn on Instgram? He posts some cool stuff daily.

He changed his mind.

I was lucky enough to watch GOTG today as a guest of a marketing firm and MAN O MAN I was blown away. Better then any marvel movie not named Avengers. So many hidden eggs the average person would know nothing about. Great picture.

:o

:whee:

I was lucky enough to watch GOTG today as a guest of a marketing firm and MAN O MAN I was blown away. Better then any marvel movie not named Avengers. So many hidden eggs the average person would know nothing about. Great picture.

Is your measurement of a film based on how many eggs it has?

Sounds like you should go post in the Comic Book Movies that Suck Thread complaining a movie you've never seen.

Absolutely not, but it definitely feels good to know a story of a character, or the hidden meaning of an object that the other 200 viewers dont. Also as a collector I see these "eggs" as a hype bump in current values of books I own that havent already gone up due to previews but most certainly will once every one else watches it.

You really see nothing positive about Guardians? Not even the supporting actors?

I'm just guessing based on several factors the movie could be excellent

I just put the vegas odds pretty low