• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I see alot of people buying Avengers 257. I would be picking up 255 instead. thats just me.

What does this mean?

lol

The speculator meter just shot to 'buy now - ask questions later' after that post.

There are so many cool little 1st appearances of characters from the 80's and 90's, you have to pick your battle which ones to stock up on. Especially knowing Marvel has a long-term cinema roadmap.

First Impressions Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

------------------------

ComicBookMovie.com: Just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Watch out Avengers, there's a new posse in town!

Germain Lussier: Marvel’s @Guardians is magnificent. Hilarious, touching, action packed, I don’t think I could’ve liked it more. @JamesGunn killed it. Wow.

Devin Faraci: Groot is the new star of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Eric Eisenberg: Guardians of the Galaxy is a ridiculous fun ride. Hilarious, action packed, and a great ensemble. Totally loved it.

------------------------

:applause::whee::applause::whee:

I see alot of people buying Avengers 257. I would be picking up 255 instead. thats just me.

What does this mean?

I'm excited by this now. Without checking I think we are taking Nebula and the female Captain Marvel storyline but I might be wrong.

If so, then maybe you should be looking for Amazing Spider-man Annual 16

First Impressions Of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

------------------------

ComicBookMovie.com: Just finished watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Watch out Avengers, there's a new posse in town!

Germain Lussier: Marvel’s @Guardians is magnificent. Hilarious, touching, action packed, I don’t think I could’ve liked it more. @JamesGunn killed it. Wow.

Devin Faraci: Groot is the new star of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Eric Eisenberg: Guardians of the Galaxy is a ridiculous fun ride. Hilarious, action packed, and a great ensemble. Totally loved it.

------------------------

:applause::whee::applause::whee:

Faraci isn't easily pleased especially with comic movies.

What does this mean?

I'm excited by this now. Without checking I think we are taking Nebula and the female Captain Marvel storyline but I might be wrong.

Yeah that's her first appearance. Not sure what else is significant about Avengers 255 (shrug)

What does this mean?

Yeah that's her first appearance. Not sure what else is significant about Avengers 255 (shrug)

Exactly! I was going to post Amazing Spider-Man Ann #16.

There are about four villains that are introduced in Avengers #255, though.

hm

Early reviews are saying it's fantastic across the board-which has me a bit nervous cause same thing happened before GL came out-it was 'incredible' 'stunning' etc

Avengers had mixed positive which is more credible

Early reviews are saying it's fantastic across the board-which has me a bit nervous cause same thing happened before GL came out-it was 'incredible' 'stunning' etc

I have a feeling you may be surprised at the early success of this movie. But most are assuming it will be a great movie already from all the interviews, photos and TV spots.

Soon enough, we will know either way.

I hope I'm wrong

But ya gotta admit we've seen hyped movies fall flat over and over and over and over and

Hey kav, we get it. There is nothing that could be written that would not make you nervous.

You already won't like the movie because your mind is already made up. Cool. I respect that.

Now could you respect that the rest of us don't want to hear all the whining about a movie that we haven't seen yet? Or am I out of line asking that?

Ok I'll stop but you're wrong-if its good-I'll like it.

I was sure the Matrix was gonna be dumb as hell and I was dead wrong

Will James Gunn Direct GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2?

-----------------------------------

However, the big question is will James Gunn give up another two+ years of his life and direct the Guardians sequel? “I’m actually in a somewhat weird position,” he told The Adam Corolla Show (via Screenrant) during a recent podcast interview. “Because if the movie does well, then I’m gonna make the sequel. And if it does okay then, well, I’ve already been offered other movies but I can only do those other movies if I don’t do the sequel, so it’s a weird situation.”

----------------------------------

James Gunn is remaining neutral. But I am sure he knows this has all the makings of a solid movie, including tie-ins from other anticipated movies that either are not announced yet or not clearly stated as a follow-up movie (Avengers 3).

No one seemed to stop when similar requests were made to hold off on ASM2 but that's a Sony property and not a precious Marvel movie

Precious,my precious....