• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Anyone catch the news that Brolin is doing more than voice work with Thanos?

Josh Brolin To Do More Than Just Voice Thanos In Guardians Of The Galaxy

------------------------------------

"We knew he was going to be in this movie. We wanted somebody to be more than just the voice," said Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige in an interview at Collider. "Josh did the performance as well. We were looking at a wish list of, “Wouldn’t it be great if names,” and his name was on it. And you look at his face and the performances he gives, he could be Thanos without any effects. He has that kind of face and that kind of gravitas to it.

"We reached out to him and it was one of those things that does not happen all the time but when it does it’s very nice, where he was totally intrigued. He was a fan of what we did, he met with Jeremy Latcham in a hotel in London and learned about the characters a little bit. I spoke to him on the phone a few times. We ran it by James who loved it, ran it by Joss who loved it because Thanos is in this universe because of c. Then we shot him and recorded for it."

------------------------------------

A nice win for the Marvel Universe in picking up this actor.

:applause:

Thanos Creator Jim Starlin: Guardians of the Galaxy Is Marvel's Best Movie Yet

jim-starlin-guardians-103385.jpg

-------------------------

Posting the photo above to social media, Starlin gushed, "Just came from the premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy. With all the hype I expected to be a bit disappointed. It just couldn't be as good as everyone was predicting. And they were wrong. It's even better than everyone said. It just might be Marvel's best movie yet."

-------------------------

I thought it would be good but to hear Starlin say that. Thats high praise. Little worried about the box office numbers as this summer movie season has been bad. Low ticket sales overall for all movies..

Ugh. That hour long video wont play for me unfortunately

It will play once I am on my home network. But Yahoo must be feeding other marketing garbage into it, as when I posted it here it started bogging down. That's why I yanked it from the site, and just posted the link.

Some really cool discussions in that video about character research and even how emotionallly linked to some of the characters the cast have become. Probably because these would be considered breakout roles in a very cool movie.

James Gunn Talks THUNDERBOLTS, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sequel, Not Having The Rights To BUG And More!

------------------------------

"I will tell you, one time I was saying to Kevin [Feige], we were sitting on set together on one of the days he visited and I said, ‘You know, I really want to make Thunderbolts,' and he said, 'James, if Guardians does well you'll be able to do whatever you want.' So we'll see what happens."

Pressures on!

Gunn had this to say, "We don't own Bug. So Bug is not in the sequel he would be one of my primarily contenders for a sequel but to be completely honest, I'm in love with the Guardians and I would love to stay in the Marvel Cosmic arena for the time being. It's true."

Mego or the original Japanese toy company must own the rights. That's interesting. As at one point there was talk in the beginning that Bug would appear in GotG.