• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Sequel! Oh yeah!

4 days 20 hours and 47 minutes til I see the first installment

Got my IMAX 3D tix too, can't wait to see the Big Purple Chin onscreen :grin:

Bill C - Have you been hoovering up those Valentino GOTG pages in the weekly HA auctions?

Holy Toledo the Rotten tomatoes reviews are off the charts higher than any I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewers 100%

Audience 99%

Appears I was wrong about this movie

:applause:

I am so happy to be wrong abt this

I blame Green Latrine-I was so excited for that movie to come out-and then-

Holy Toledo the Rotten tomatoes reviews are off the charts higher than any I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewers 100%

Audience 99%

I am so happy to be wrong abt this

I blame Green Latrine-I was so excited for that movie to come out-and then-

You and me both on Green Lantern. What a missed opportunity to build out the GL Universe, which could have been DC's galactic leap forward into space.

:P

GL has the most interesting power of any superhero

They really dropped the ball on the dude

A 70's GL/GA movie would be epic

BOXOFFICE.COM: Why 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Could Land Among August's Biggest Hits Ever

------------------------------

More than its eclectic cast, though, Guardians of the Galaxy offers a unique approach to the comic book movie pantheon, and a fun, comedic tone not unlike a cross between Star Wars and Iron Man. To that end, Pratt's Star-Lord hopes to join the mantle of cinematic swag led by gents such as Jack Sparrow, Tony Stark, James T. Kirk, Han Solo, and... Marty McFly? A blend of the latter two 80s icons was cited by Marvel mastermind Kevin Feige as his vision for Pratt's character. After all, audiences love a bad boy--especially one they can empathize with.

For the uninitiated, Disney's marketing machine has successfully pitched Guardians as a combination of swashbuckling adventure, visually striking locales and visuals, and even a few hints of romance to help entice the girls (although a shirtless Pratt may already have that handled). If the film balances these elements around a story-driven core, you can bet the term "crowd-pleaser" will be thrown around frequently in the days and weeks ahead.

------------------------------

I think this is going to appeal to so many difference audience members (comic book fans, Sci-Fi fans, comedy fans, specific actor or actress fans), Marvel and Disney is going to need a bigger safe.

:popcorn:

Yea I'm excited about the film and it sounds great from everything we're reading.

However, I'm a bit worried this is all some propaganda set up by Disney. The film is the first Marvel property without the real Universe powerhouses. I wonder if it will draw casual fans. Disney might be controlling the media in an attempt to create a ton of buzz to get the causal movie goers into the theater.

Just my worried 2c

Yea I'm excited about the film and it sounds great from everything we're reading.

However, I'm a bit worried this is all some propaganda set up by Disney. The film is the first Marvel property without the real Universe powerhouses. I wonder if it will draw casual fans. Disney might be controlling the media in an attempt to create a ton of buzz to get the causal movie goers into the theater.

Just my worried 2c

Totally understand where you are coming from. Audiences can be fickle, or at least unaware of the background of some of these 'can't miss' properties. Look at poor John Carter, which inspired so much of the Sci-Fi we all love and enjoy.

But I think the wise marketing that has gone into this film, mixed with great casting choices, may be exactly what this film needed to succeed. Next week will tell a lot what the road ahead will be.

Just my worried 2c

Absolutely. Everyone I have asked about watching this movie has thought the same thing... meh

"The one with that racoon?"

Reviewers 100%

Audience 99%

How many people have actually seen the movie yet? The Rotten Tomatoes percentage won't be accurate until at least a week after the movie actually premiers.

Reviewers 100%

Audience 99%

How many people have actually seen the movie yet? The Rotten Tomatoes percentage won't be accurate until at least a week after the movie actually premiers.

rubbish. by the time the movie is released there will be over 100 reviews, the RT score won't vary much from that.

SDCC 2014: Marvel Announces GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Animated Series

GotG_from_Animated_Ultimate_Spider-Man.jpg

----------------------------------

With high praise coming from early screenings, Marvel looks to be doubling down on Guardians of the Galaxy. At Saturday's Marvel Animation panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2014, a one minute test reel was shown for an upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy animated series.

The 60-second clip opens on a rainy, futuristic city skyline that drills down into Rocket Raccoon attempting to out-running a floating probe shooting lasers. Rocket jumps off a tall structure and rolls through to meet his pursuer with guns drawn and destroys the probe. An off-screen voice becks Rocket, saynig "Hey fuzzy!" before revealing itself to be Star-Lord. Rocket Raccoon turns to face Star-Lord, and is met with Peter Quill saying "if we're going to be hanging out together you're going to need bigger blasters." The scene then faded out to be replaced by the Guardians of the Galaxy logo.

----------------------------------

James Gunn Confirms Avengers: AOU SDCC Footage is NOT the GOTG After Credits Scene

-------------------------

Director James Gunn recently confirmed on Twitter that the tag scene included with Guardians of the Galaxy will NOT be the Avengers: Age of Ultron footage shown last night at San Diego Comic Con as many have been speculating.

James Gunn Confirms Avengers: AOU SDCC Footage is NOT the GOTG After Credits Scene

Director James Gunn recently confirmed on Twitter that the tag scene included with Guardians of the Galaxy will NOT be the Avengers: Age of Ultron footage shown last night at San Diego Comic Con as many have been speculating.

I still say Richard Rider makes an appearance.