• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I believe that was the promo ad for Duck Dynasty.

lol

Hey, in my defense

a) I don't watch television

b) I didn't know what Duck Dynasty was at the time

c) that did look like a freakin' Daredevil "DD" logo

d) and coupled with the feather made me believe Disney / Marvel

But still...

:tonofbricks:

Latest Tracking Data Indicates A $65M Opening For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

-------------------------

Marvel's confidence in Guardians of the Galaxy became clear when they announced that a sequel will follow in 2017, and the latest box office tracking data indicates that they have every right to feel that way! Disney are now projecting an opening of around $65 million, but other analysts believe that the James Gunn movie will reach upwards of $70 million or more. It doesn't have much in the way of competition, and The Avengers effect should still be felt says Dave Hollis, Walt Disney Studios’ executive vice president of theatrical distribution.

-------------------------

I say $75 MM domestic to start.

I'm going ALL IN... on this one.

I think the added exposure of Rocket will get the parents and kids out in droves. This will become the last family event of the year before school opens back up in the fall ... hm

Rupp says $101 MM domestic from the 3800 screens including IMAX & 3D ! :sumo:

Guardians of the Galaxy Biggest August Ticket Pre-Seller In History

:o

---------------------------

James Gunn: Just heard Guardians of the Galaxy is the biggest August Pre-Ticket-Seller in History - so please go and get your tickets for this weekend (and in many places Thursday night) now! And, if you're not sure, go read a few of our positive reviews and crowd reactions on line. I am proud of this movie and so happy with what we were able to accomplish, and just as happy that audiences everywhere seem to love it. It's a movie created to be seen in an actual theater with an audience. If you ever share one of my posts, THIS is the one to share! Thank you all!

---------------------------

Avengers & Guardians? Wouldn't that be Avengers #167 - 177 with the Korvac Saga?

that's one great story. :acclaim:

It absolutely is

It was one of my earliest Avengers stories that I read. I kept my John Byrne books, and always meant to get back to this story.

Concerning Groot's vocabulary:

I heard he says a 4th word one time in the movie. Can this be confirmed? And what was it?

quotequote]

Confirmed

He says 'Quotequote'? Whoa!

:baiting: