• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

I think it will look better on film hm

Most of the pics I've seen seem distorted in a cropped/squished sort of way hm

I really can't see any of Brolin's facial features there though... :(

I saw the film last night. :baiting: This is what he looks like, no distortion in the photo.

Only Death knows really how big his head is ;)

:grin:

I don't think it is horrible. And the CGI looks better than I expected.

His head seemed a bit too small for me, the proportions seemed a little off. Not horrible, but just not quite right.

That I do agree with. One moment when I look, I'm excited to see him live. But then I look closer and I am wondering what is going on with that head.

Looks to me like they have been influenced by the trend in comics the past 20 years, which is to draw super-muscular guys (like the Hulk) with tiny heads. Reminds me of pictures of Drax from the 90s.

I thought he looked totally cool and creepy.

Thanos_Rising_Vol_1_zps8345608f.jpg

Thanos_Rising_Vol_1_zps8345608f.jpg

This piece looks like it was trying to represent the viewer being at a lower point than Thanos on his throne which appears to be on a slight hill. So his head is the highest point of his body from the view.

But I may be wrong.

There are different angles in the scene (like from above) where you can clearly see Brolin in the design. I've been saying it for days, there is no question is is a quick render and not intended for final design. I would not be shocked if on DVD its changed. I will repeat what I said yesterday, this scene DID NOT exist in the film 2 months ago. So it was shot and rendered in less than 2 months (including the time to finalize the film and ship it out)

I figured as much.

I still think it was a fantastic casting choice for Whedon and Gunn. Very wise. When he was being considered for Batman, he was at the top of my list. You can't blame Jonah Hex on him, as even he was quoted as wanting to redo that movie if he ever can.

Really liked it. Lots of fun. Post credit scene had me Rolf. Songs were great. Storyline wasn't very deep. I think they could have added more to the plot. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Not as good as Winter Soldier or Avengers.

Really liked it. Lots of fun. Post credit scene had me Rolf. Songs were great. Storyline wasn't very deep. I think they could have added more to the plot. 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Not as good as Winter Soldier or Avengers.

I'll agree that the plot isn't terribly deep, but it sufficed and the characters were so good that that minor deficiency can be overlooked IMHO. Now, that really subpar credits scene is another matter...

Just got back from this.

Loved it!

Rocket and Groot really were awesome and Bautista's acting was really good too.

Anyone else notice the Lloyd Kaufman cameo?

He was the creator of Troma Films (The Toxic Avenger) and gave James Gunn his start. He has a cameo as a prisoner in this.

How was Dave Batista as an actor?

He was good in a very simple role as Brass Body in The Man with the Iron Fists. I think as long as they keep it simple with him, he will be great.

Just took half the family to go see it. I think Marvel has a hit with this one. Lots of kids and teens in the movie and they were loving everything. Groot and Rocket are going to be Disney stars soon.

The plot was simple, but is that shocking? Deep thought is not what I go to a Marvel movie for. A good time is what I want, and this film delivered that.