• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Did Kevin Feige just link Doctor Strange to an Infinity Gem?

---------------------------

Feige at CineEurope: DOCTOR STRANGE is '“very, very important, not just because it's an amazing character study, and a journey of a man who's gone from this very arrogant surgeon to somebody who is quite zen and literally keeps all of reality together on a daily basis, but it also is going to open up a whole other side of storytelling for our movies.”

All of this is true, but I think there is one word in that whole comment that is telling and may give us a key as to what to expect when it comes to Strange's connection to the whole 'Infinity Guantlet' story-line. And that word is REALITY.

---------------------------

Just saw it in IMAX 3D. I was very impressed overall! It's definitely the best looking Marvel yet. The story was pretty good too, but I still think the Avengers was at least slightly better. I would give it an overall A-.

My only disappointment was their handling of the Nova Corps. I want to see flying bucketheads shooting energy blasts from their hands...

Also, did anyone else think that the voice of Thanos should have been deeper?

You don't get Nova without the decimation of the Nova Corps.

Saw it last night and absolutely loved it, I found it more enjoyable than The Avengers, maybe because I've always preferred the Marvel B and D-list characters. As a whole, it was exactly what I wanted from a Marvel cosmic type film. Michael Rooker was, well a blue Merle, which is exactly what I'd hoped from him as Yondu. Drax and Ronan were total badazz, and Groot & Rocket stole the show.

My girlfriend cried when

it appeared that Groot got killed

and I could hear some others sobbing in the theater.

After seeing GOTG, I wish I was 10 years old again, the faces of the kids leaving the theater looked like how I did when I first saw Star Wars

Just got back and have to say it exceeded my wildest hopes. After loving Marvel Presents as a kid and thinking the 2008 series was the best thing I had read in 15 years, Marvel did a great job of setting up the personalities and there were plenty of future storyline teasers. Mom as Moondragon, Drax the father of Gammora, Quills father = Starhawk (?). I loved seeing Cosmo the Wonder Dog free roaming the Celestial's head. I'm not an objective observer on the but it equaled Avengers as my favorite comic movie.

I really enjoyed it. Wasn't hoping for much and was kinda blown away. Didnt expect it to be as funny as it was (to an adult) but I think they likely nailed what they were going for.

I also think the Infinity Gems storyline will be fine. It may lead to some cut/paste plot lines along the way, but I dont think Marvel was going to spend the money they are spending on any complex risky plots anyways. Most movies period use the same recycled plot themes, I (sadly) think it just comes with the medium.

I'm not saying it's going to win any Academy Awards, lol but I think they did a really good job for what they chose to work with.

Just saw it in IMAX 3D. I was very impressed overall! It's definitely the best looking Marvel yet. The story was pretty good too, but I still think the Avengers was at least slightly better. I would give it an overall A-.

My only disappointment was their handling of the Nova Corps. I want to see flying bucketheads shooting energy blasts from their hands...

Also, did anyone else think that the voice of Thanos should have been deeper?

You don't get Nova without the decimation of the Nova Corps.

True

Just got back and have to say it exceeded my wildest hopes. After loving Marvel Presents as a kid and thinking the 2008 series was the best thing I had read in 15 years, Marvel did a great job of setting up the personalities and there were plenty of future storyline teasers. Mom as Moondragon, Drax the father of Gammora, Quills father = Starhawk (?). I loved seeing Cosmo the Wonder Dog free roaming the Celestial's head. I'm not an objective observer on the but it equaled Avengers as my favorite comic movie.

Quills father = Starhawk - was my thinking as well

What are everyone's thoughts on bringing kids? Too much adult humor and violence?

Just saw it and loved it. I thought the main trailer really stunk on ice -- whoever prepared it should be exiled to Pluto -- and I was expecting a disaster, but it's really well done.

With respect to suitability for kids, I saw a number of sub-10 year olds in the theater. Let me put on my fogey hat and say that the level of violence seemed excessive for that age group, although the same could be said for all modern superhero movies.

The language in these movies is clearly getting coarser. There were a number of obscenities that would not have been in a PG-13 film even, what, five years ago? Certainly not 10 years ago.

So, I would say it's only appropriate if your kids actually are in the neighborhood of 13. But, I am a fogey! :preach:

Quick Google search tells you who his dad is.

J’Son of Spartoi or Jason of Sparta is his father, but this is the movies and Disney can change things so for all we know Adam Warlock could end up becoming his father.

Indeed

They haven't deviated that strongly yet.

Possible, I suppose.

Well - at the end of the movie there is a comment which indicates that they will deviate from the comic storyline

They haven't deviated that strongly yet.

Possible, I suppose.

These are lesser known characters without a lot of background to the average person. So they can get away with it. Heck they had Harry to take the place of Norman in the Death of Gwen Stacy storyline for the Amazing Spiderman 2 film.

My wife went w/ her friend and they both loved it. My wife is not into comics so that was a plus. I ended up taking my 8 yr old daughter. I have to admit some of the language etc were a bit much, but I knew there would be parts going into it. The certain scene got to my wife and daughter. I talked to my daughter about the movie afterward and she said she loved Groot then Rocket best, same with my wife when asked. In my opinion this was the best Marvel movie to date. It was the perfect blend of sci-fi, humor, and action. I am not saying the characters are deep, but you really care about them by the end of the movie.

On a note about the theater the previews contained a Dracula preview with blood etc in it, I had to shield my daughter's eyes. A parent or two yelled out nice preview for a family film. While Guardians isn't the perfect family film d/t violence, and language the preview did seem out of place.

Second note the a/c in the theater went out (imagine an August Arizona day). The theater offered refunds before the movie started to anyone who wanted to leave and free passes to everyone after the movie. I didn't see anyone leave; sure it got a bit sweaty by the end of the movie, but it was well worth it. I saw it in Imax 3D and and now I get to see it again next weekend for free.

The TMNT preview didn't seem to generate excitement and the two 10-12 year boys sitting next to thought it looked stupid listening to them. I didn't care for it myself.