• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

:applause: this pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly when it comes to this movie and marvel studios.

At this stage, I've simply run out of superlatives for the practiced precision with which they bring each of their opuses to the screen. That "flipping pages" logo up-top has become an immediate signifier of quality, and for this, their tenth release, they've channeled all the goodwill built up over six years of Iron Mans and Thors and Captain Americas into an original property with a potentially unwieldy premise and a potentially laughable title, and turned it into the most confident bit of sci-fi world-building I've seen since the original Star Wars.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5645088

I've said it already, but leaving the theater yesterday I was thinking how GOTG may very well be the Star Wars of my sons' generation.

This is 100% what i was thinking before the movie and confirmed after,.

Went to see GotG this afternoon and enjoyed every minute of it. Special effects were first rate. So happy to see Marvel continue the streak of quality movies. (thumbs u (thumbs u

I think we are all overlooking the single greatest thing this movie has accomplished. It has taught a whole generation of children what a Walkman and a cassette tape is.

lol

I couldn't afford the Walkman in HS so I bought this blue cassette player/recorder that about twice the size of Sony's version. I hid it in a gym/duffle bag ( the kind of thing you would not be allowed in schools with today lol ) and I ran the headphones out of the end of the bag. I never asked anybody but I assumed this looked cool......bwahahahahaha lol

Very enjoyable movie. Just got back from the late show with my kids and a couple of their friends. A little disappointed with the end scene though. I thought the CGI or modeling could have been better.

Is that him on the bottom right?

adam_zps5e7ab638.png

...and that's Howard at top center.

:o

:ohnoez:

I don't see 'him'

It looks like someone sitting down with their head on their knees and their arms wrapped around their legs in thought. Or desperation.

Yet again, I could be wrong. I have been drinking Sambuca.

:whee:

Saw it last night. There is better shot of that holding tank. I swear the humanoid I saw was bald though...

It seems everyone loves this movie except those with sticks up their butts (with apologies to Drax for using a metaphor).

Who put the sticks up their butts? That's just cruel.

Just came back from seeing it for the second time. Same theater, but this time in 2D instead of 3D, and it resulted in a totally different batch of trailers. The trailers in the 2D version seemed much more family friendly.

As far as speculation over Star Lord's father in the movie universe

they seemed to be hinting that Yondu is his father. In their final scene together, Yondu says "I may look like an angel, but I'm not. Hand it over, son." It seemed like a deliberate callback to Peter's mother on her deathbed describing his father as "an angel," especially with him then immediately calling Peter "son."

The next bit with Yondu and his sidekick commenting on Star Lord's dad hiring them seems to immediately contradict this, of course, so it might be that this bit was a red herring. But the angel bit really jumped out to me. I don't think the writers came up with that combination of words by accident.

I didn't catch that at all. Very interesting. Couldn't say one way or another if that's the way they'll go, but nice catch.

Nova Prime talked about his father, and it didn't match your guess, so your idea on that being a red herring is likely.

I think we are all overlooking the single greatest thing this movie has accomplished. It has taught a whole generation of children what a Walkman and a cassette tape is.

Nope we proved to the movie critics that Howard the Duck could be number 1 at the box office.

Just got back from watching it. Really enjoyed it. The cast was great all around. Rocket and Groot clearly stole the movie.

But one thing I'm surprised no one has asked is: WHO IS NOVA PRIME'S ASSISTANT?!?!?! She is SMOKING HOT!!!!

Also, i don't think GotG is this generations' Star Wars. Mostly because I find Star Wars EXTREMELY boring. Have never been able to sit through a single movie. Total yawn-fest. (Feel free to reach for the torches and pitchforks)

Mostly because I find Star Wars EXTREMELY boring. Have never been able to sit through a single movie. Total yawn-fest.

STUNNED SILENCE.

I would have thought there would have been more interest in the comic relaunch of GotG. Seems to be a bit of a dud.

It's a shame that they didn't get Abnett and Lanning back for the relaunch.

Its sales numbers seem pretty healthy and consistent month to month. It's a shame Abnett and Lanning won't work together anymore.

Actually, they are working together on Amazing X Men currently.

First there was James Gunn thanking everyone for their support. Now, Chris Pratt. Again, another classy move from the movie team overall.

'So happy!' Chris Pratt thanks fans as Guardians Of The Galaxy breaks box office record with Marvel-ous $94m debut

article-2714941-203A26E700000578-581_634x277.jpg

Where some stars can be ME-ME-ME, it is so cool to read one that wants to recognize all those people supporting a film that you may never know their names.

:applause:

“Guardians Of The Galaxy” Biggest Marvel Studios Franchise Launch Since First “Iron Man”

------------------------

It’s Marvel Studios’ world now, Hollywood is just living in it.

------------------------

Feige has got to be doing a happy dance with that line alone.

------------------------

For Marvel, however, Guardians — the company’s tenth feature — represents an even bigger achievement than a mere summer blockbuster. It is the studio’s most successful attempt at launching a new individual franchise since its first film, 2008’s Iron Man.

------------------------

enhanced-4700-1407083553-2.png