• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Btw..as I predicted, Hercules failed completely...

I have no idea what the guys who thought it was a good thing to have The Rock in that movie was thinking???

The Rock is good at playing.... the Rock.... end of story. He sucks at playing anything else. He is actually likable... but I would hate for him to play in any movie I care about..

Btw..as I predicted, Hercules failed completely...

I have no idea what the guys who thought it was a good thing to have The Rock in that movie was thinking???

The Rock is good at playing.... the Rock.... end of story. He sucks at playing anything else. He is actually likable... but I would hate for him to play in any movie I care about..

The Brett Ratner effect. Does just enough to create a movie. Even directing the Oscars was taken away because of poor judgment.

The Oscars' Brett Ratner Disaster

Al Pacino liked it.

Al Pacino On The Way Hollywood Works And The Guardians Of The Galaxy

I just saw Guardians Of The Galaxy… It was amazing. I did find it the most entertaining, inventive, beautiful film.

Is it the highest grossing yet of the year?

Domestically, yes. While it wasn't my favorite movie of the summer (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was my favorite), GOTG deserves the top spot. In a summer of weak offerings, it was definitely one of the highlights. My wife and kids loved it!

Is it the highest grossing yet of the year?

yes

The better answer would be 'it depends'. If we are talking about:

1) Highest 2014 domestic box office comic book movie: Yes.

2) Highest 2014 worldwide box office comic book movie: Not yet.

3) Highest 2014 worldwide movie: Not yet.

Actually, the biggest Revenue Ratio winner this year wasn't Transformers 4, X-Men: DoFP, or even Cap 2. And even GotG may have a difficult time hitting this number.

1GeENjZ.png

LaLbbIS.png

The Lego Movie

So far, due to the low production cost and strong box office response, this movie has had the highest Revenue Ratio yet out of all the movies so far.

And to be fair, there is a fourth answer.

4) Highest 2014 domestic box office movie: Yes.

It beats out all of the movies currently on the list when it comes to the domestic box office. The Top 10 right now for 2014 are:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. The LEGO Movie

4. Transformers: Age of Extinction

5. Maleficent

6. X-Men: Days of Future Past

7. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

9. Godzilla (2014)

10. 22 Jump Street

Which is just amazing that four of the top ten are Marvel Comics-based movies. Even the top two being comic book movies says a lot about how mainstream our little hobby has become.

:applause:

James Gunn Responds To GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Becoming 2014's Highest Grossing Movie

--------------------

To quote my favorite little monstrosity, "Oh... Yeah."

And although io9 may be right, that people like the movie because it's funny, I like to believe it's because WE GAVE A :censored: . You aren't numbers to us. You deserve to be given something we the creators believe in and that isn't just seeking a big opening weekend. I love my characters, I care about the quality of the movie, and Marvel was cool enough to let us take some risks.

Hopefully, THAT'S the lesson - that we'll see more spectacle movies coming out of Hollywood that the filmmakers actually believe in, and that take risks, NOT just a bunch of superhero or space movies trying to be funny.

--------------------

(worship):applause:(worship):applause:

James Gunn Responds To GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Becoming 2014's Highest Grossing Movie

--------------------

To quote my favorite little monstrosity, "Oh... Yeah."

And although io9 may be right, that people like the movie because it's funny, I like to believe it's because WE GAVE A :censored: . You aren't numbers to us. You deserve to be given something we the creators believe in and that isn't just seeking a big opening weekend. I love my characters, I care about the quality of the movie, and Marvel was cool enough to let us take some risks.

Hopefully, THAT'S the lesson - that we'll see more spectacle movies coming out of Hollywood that the filmmakers actually believe in, and that take risks, NOT just a bunch of superhero or space movies trying to be funny.

--------------------

(worship):applause:(worship):applause:

I like James Gunn. It seems like Marvel knows how to pick the right directors. (thumbs u