• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

On our 4th viewing in a week! We were trying to decide on a movie for family movie night. It was getting late so I didn't want to rent a holiday movie. Then my son started going on and on about Guardians of the Galaxy.

It really is a good film.

I have only seen it once, but will try to watch again this weekend.

:wishluck:

I loved the soundtrack to it!

Nothing but good cheer and love when someone whips you up some Christmas Groot cupcakes.

JwrEuUx.png

:whee:

Now those are really neat! :applause:

I concur. Very nice. I'll have to settle for some ginger biscuits this afternoon.

Seth Green made a custom set of GotG Ravagers for James Gunn as a Christmas present.

gotg-ravagers-figures.jpg

'I have the greatest friends ever. Last night at our annual Christmas get together Seth Green gave me a custom box of Ravagers he made himself! He noticed the world was sadly lacking Ravagers figures and had to step up. I'm blown away. Three of the four Ravagers were with us - Nick Holmes (Horuz's Mate), Dave Yarovesky (Goth Ravager), and Sean Gunn (Kraglin). Sadly, Michael Rooker (Yondu) wasn't there (but is fortunately back in town for Christmas).'

:applause:

enough talk of kevin smith. he isn't worthy of being in this thread. this discussion is about guardians of the galaxy.

one thing we can all agree with is this movie was brilliant. it eclipsed iron man 1 as my favorite marvel film to date. i mean the visuals dark scenes with bright colors and contrast were spectacular. the story wasn't so far out there like the latest X-men and was easy to follow, the acting was sensational (even batista). Pratt and cooper as Rocket were outstanding.

this movie rocks and the soundtrack was great.

I did not get to see it in 3d, but I plan too. Probably will buy it once the price drops again.

Speak for yourself. "Brilliant" is not a word that came to my mind while watching this movie.

enough talk of kevin smith. he isn't worthy of being in this thread. this discussion is about guardians of the galaxy.

one thing we can all agree with is this movie was brilliant. it eclipsed iron man 1 as my favorite marvel film to date. i mean the visuals dark scenes with bright colors and contrast were spectacular. the story wasn't so far out there like the latest X-men and was easy to follow, the acting was sensational (even batista). Pratt and cooper as Rocket were outstanding.

I did not get to see it in 3d, but I plan too. Probably will buy it once the price drops again.

Speak for yourself. "Brilliant" is not a word that came to my mind while watching this movie.

Who are you again?

Who are you again?

Someone with higher standards :baiting:

Mallrats was 20 years ahead of it's time. Loved it.

Loved GOTG too. Didn't think it was 'brilliant' though.

Brodie would have.

Ironic.

All Brodie would've cared about is if Groot had a wooden .

Gotta go with Logan on this one (and boy, THAT's not often :baiting: ) - brilliant isn't the word. Insanely fun, and they knocked it out of the park, very similar to the first Iron Man. GotG anticipated nearly everything audiences would have wanted in a next-level comic movie situation.

Masterfully created in terms of what audiences love. I loved it. It was awesome. I try to use the term 'brilliant' for movies like Shawshank Redemption or Sucker Punch.

Gotta go with Logan on this one (and boy, THAT's not often :baiting: ) - brilliant isn't the word. Insanely fun, and they knocked it out of the park, very similar to the first Iron Man. GotG anticipated nearly everything audiences would have wanted in a next-level comic movie situation.

Masterfully created in terms of what audiences love. I loved it. It was awesome. I try to use the term 'brilliant' for movies like Shawshank Redemption or Sucker Punch.

:facepalm:

Special effects and sarcastic humor. Marvel has nailed the formula.

Bah... sucker punch was good, not brilliant...

2001 A Space Odyssey, Casablanca and Caddyshack are brilliant...

nanananananananananananananananananaaaaaaaaa