• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

James Gunn Shows Off His 'Baby Groot' Dance Moves From GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

--------------------

While taking part in Doug Benson's Doug Loves Movies podcast sometime this week, James Gunn broke out some dance moves that inspired the most celebrated scene in Guardians of the Galaxy.

--------------------

I didn't realize that actor playing Yondu's partner was James Gunn's brother. No wonder why he got a few of those speaking parts in throughout the movie.

Sean-Gunn-and-Michael-Rooker-Reunite-In-Guardians-Of-The-Galaxy-as-Kraglin-and-Yondu.jpg

Someone has the CBM bug.

Lee Pace Hopes To Return As 'Ronan The Accuser' In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2

--------------------

In a recent interview with IGN Movies, the site asked the Halt and Catch Fire star if he has any interest in returning to the role despite how things ended for the villain. "I love the character. I'd love to play him again! Who knows!?!" As for what it was that initially appealed to to him about playing Ronan, Pace added: "I was so proud to be a part of that whole fun moment. I found the character very, very interesting, exceptionally, and in playing him -- this kind of charismatic space terrorist. The idea is fascinating. I had to kind of crack the way the character thought. For me, I think he's doing what's right for his people. He's going to right a wrong. He's annihilating the weak in favor of the strong. That's a different set of values, and he's fighting for them."

--------------------

:applause:

Someone has the CBM bug.

--------------------

In a recent interview with IGN Movies, the site asked the Halt and Catch Fire star if he has any interest in returning to the role despite how things ended for the villain. "I love the character. I'd love to play him again! Who knows!?!" As for what it was that initially appealed to to him about playing Ronan, Pace added: "I was so proud to be a part of that whole fun moment. I found the character very, very interesting, exceptionally, and in playing him -- this kind of charismatic space terrorist. The idea is fascinating. I had to kind of crack the way the character thought. For me, I think he's doing what's right for his people. He's going to right a wrong. He's annihilating the weak in favor of the strong. That's a different set of values, and he's fighting for them."

--------------------

I'd love to see him again...I thought he had a very good performance.

But...the way they ended Ronan...I don't know how they would bring him back in GoG 2. I think there are too many other charicters in the 'universe' that they would like to explore first.

Someone has the CBM bug.

--------------------

--------------------

I'd love to see him again...I thought he had a very good performance.

But...the way they ended Ronan...I don't know how they would bring him back in GoG 2. I think there are too many other charicters in the 'universe' that they would like to explore first.

Well, they "killed" Agent Coulson in The Avengers didn't they? :facepalm:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Wins Big At This Year's Critics' Choice Awards

--------------------

BEST ACTION MOVIE

“American Sniper”

“Captain America: The Winter Soldier”

“Edge of Tomorrow”

“Fury”

“Guardians of the Galaxy” — WINNER

BEST HAIR & MAKEUP

“Foxcatcher”

“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”

“Into the Woods”

“Maleficent”

--------------------

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Wins Big At This Year's Critics' Choice Awards

--------------------

BEST ACTION MOVIE

“American Sniper”

“Captain America: The Winter Soldier”

“Edge of Tomorrow”

“Fury”

BEST HAIR & MAKEUP

“Foxcatcher”

“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”

“Into the Woods”

“Maleficent”

--------------------

Think GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY's Chris Pratt Is Awesome?

kjfrics.png

----------------------

Chris Pratt recently paid a visit to the Children's Hospital of Orange County in Southern California, spending time with the young patients and delivering plenty of Guardians of the Galaxy themed gifts.

It doesn't appear as if this appearance was promoted or attended by the media as the only picture doing the rounds was posted on the actor's Facebook page, with the message: "After a long battle with childhood leukemia, Emma is going home cancer free!!! Atta girl! You kicked cancer's butt!!! Thank you to Children's Hospital Orange County for setting up an amazing visit and to Emma for my wonderful painting."

----------------------

I finally saw this last Friday. My only complaint is Thanos. He looked off. I probably would have just kept him with his back to Ronan or had him turn around for just a brief moment with glowing eyes. I thought what we saw of him in Avengers looked better.

I found Ronan to be better voiced and just over all more imposing. The way the storyline is being laid out Thanos is supposed to be one huge bad but he let's Ronan snap his lackey's neck and just sits there. If they really want to lay the ground work for Thanos he should have popped up out of nowhere at the end and whooped Ronan's breaking the stone free, tossed aside the Guardians without actually fighting them and just disappear with the stone. Now that would be a nice set up for a major villain, instead of a guy taking a dump on a flying toilet making everyone else do his work for him and fail. He's looking more like Cobra Commander in the GI Joe cartoon with Ronan filing the role of Destro.

Straight from James Gunn's Facebook:

"This Thursday, January 22, at 7 pm PST, 10 pm EST, this page will be hosting a Guardians of the Galaxy Interactive Commentary/Live Q&A with writer-director James Gunn.

Tune into this page at that time and we will all start our Guardians Blu-Rays, DVDs, or digital copies at the same time. As the film plays, James will talk about the inside story of the various scenes, and answer as many questions as possible from the fans.

And PERHAPS a few specials guests will be stopping by...

Stay tuned to this page for more information. If you want to make sure you are getting posts scroll over the LIKED button at the top of the page and choose "Get Notifications."

See you Thursday night!"

This will be on Gunn's facebook tomorrow night.

Facebook.com/jgunn

Looks like I'm watching the movie tomorrow night for my 6th time. (thumbs u

BOX OFFICE: THE HUNGER GAMES Passes GOTG's Domestic Haul

-------------------

Katniss Everdeen's brilliant, but rather grim third big screen outing was predicted to beat the intergalactic A-holes' $331.1 million take by a comfortable $9M or so, but it actually only narrowly came out on top with a $333.2 million domestic haul. Mockingjay - Part 1 is also the lowest grossing Hunger Games so far, as Catching Fire came out with $425 million domestically a couple of years ago, and the original movie brought in $408 million in 2012.

-------------------