• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Disney is taking over the world :eek:
Besides New England being literally frozen all over with 2-3 foot snowbanks, Frozen merchandise is in every store, even after a year or so, right down to the smallest small-town general store. I shudder to think how much Avengers & Star Wars stuff there's gonna be around after January next year.

Disney is taking over the world :eek:
Besides New England being literally frozen all over with 2-3 foot snowbanks, Frozen merchandise is in every store, even after a year or so, right down to the smallest small-town general store. I shudder to think how much Avengers & Star Wars stuff there's gonna be around after January next year.

I can't wait :whee:

American Sniper is going to knock Guardians of the Galaxy down to 3rd place for 2014 this coming weekend. Talk about a movie that has exceeded expectations!

I had no interest in seeing it until I went to a Super Bowl party where everybody was talking about it. They sold me on it.

I ended up seeing it and liking it.

American Sniper is going to knock Guardians of the Galaxy down to 3rd place for 2014 this coming weekend. Talk about a movie that has exceeded expectations!

BOX OFFICE: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Is Now 2014's Third Highest Grossing Release

1) American Sniper, $337,209,000

2) The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, $336,962,000

3) Guardians of the Galaxy, $333,176,600

4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, $259,766,572

5) The LEGO Movie, $257,760,692

6) The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, $254,456,608

7) Transformers: Age of Extinction, $245,439,076

8) Maleficent, $241,410,378

9) X-Men: Days of Future Past, $233,921,534

10) Big Hero 6, $221,312,000

Disney cleaned up with a few of these movies in the Top 10.

Of that 10 I still need to see Maleficent and The LEGO Movie.

BOX OFFICE: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Is Now 2014's Third Highest Grossing Release

Of that 10 I still need to see Maleficent and The LEGO Movie.

The LEGO movie reminded me of Home Alone. I don't understand the appeal. I like funny movies as much as the next person, but the LEGO movie was definitely not funny IMHO.

Surprised to see DOFP at the #9 spot.

Vin Diesel Teases His Future in Marvel And GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2

“Oh god,” Diesel said. “Wow. Right for the jugular. You see, Marvel? They ask me these questions!” After a short moment, Diesel continued. “You know, I enjoyed the experience of playing Groot. A lot of it was the great cast, and the genius of James Gunn. But I also enjoyed, you know, entering into the Marvel world. And… Good things will come from that.”

James Gunn Thanks Fan On One-Year Anniversary Of Guardians Of The Galaxy

One year ago today, Guardians of the Galaxy opened up in the U.S. and many places around the world. The movie massively over-performed that weekend, even by our own expectations, but what meant more to me is how much so many of you, no matter where you were from, took the story and the characters into your hearts. What meant more to me is that “We are Groot” became a rallying cry for unity among friends and families. What meant more to me is that you laughed at the dumb stuff I thought you’d miss, like “Cap’n’s gotta teach stuff” and “I was thinking of something else.” What meant more to me is that in our tenth week we were out-performing any comic book film in recent history – not because of the money, but because people were going back to see the film a second, third, fourth, fifth time, or more, because they loved it. What mattered to me is that after a lifetime of telling stories and half a lifetime making movies, I felt like you and I, filmmaker and audience, were at the same place at the same time.

It mattered to me mostly because I told a story fully with my heart, and you took it into yours. I don’t think I can ever explain how much that means to me. It makes every failure I’ve ever had well worth it.

I get a lot of messages from people saying, “You made me believe in movies again.” Well, you guys made me believe that what I spent my life doing was worth doing. And you strengthened my belief that nothing’s worth doing, if it’s not done honestly, and it’s not done with love.

On this, the one year anniversary of the cinematic Guardians entering our solar system: thank you, thank you, thank you.

We really are, truly, honestly Groot.

Love,

James

:applause:

Capns gotta teach stuff and I was thinking of something else.

Nick, please help me out with this. I dont even recall these scenes. Its been awhile.

:blush:

One was Sean Gunn (playing Yondu's right hand lackey) and the other one was Drax when Starlord was talking about their rescue methods of "blow them up" not really being a great plan & he wasn't listening.

Capns gotta teach stuff and I was thinking of something else.

Nick, please help me out with this. I dont even recall these scenes. Its been awhile.

:blush:

One was Sean Gunn (playing Yondu's right hand lackey) and the other one was Drax when Starlord was talking about their rescue methods of "blow them up" not really being a great plan & he wasn't listening.

:headbang: