• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Nice, that teaser looks great!

Question, why is rocket raccoon the fan favorite though? I would think Drax would be fan favorite since he looks plain badass.

But raccoon? Not hating on the guy, just curious, and no "he's kid friendly" is not a good answer.

It's a talking raccoon. With attitude.

And a gun.

Like someone posted earlier he has great dialogue in comics...

(minus the "Blam! I just murdered you!," might be taken out do to some of the sick demented individuals who might use that as a catch phrase nowadays)

....he is a helleva shot, loves his firepower and as the post above noted, "it's a talking raccoon with attitude!!"

Am i the only one that thinks rocket raccoon and groot look awesome and everyone doesn't? (shrug)

No you're not the only one.

I think they look awesome too :grin:

Exactly! Far from it. This movie is going to rule. It's also going to prove that the movie going public is ready for something quirky and off-center after a lackluster couple of years of playing it safe.

$800,000,000 Worldwide - easy.

Wow! That trailer was not what I was expecting at all, but in a good way. I REALLY am looking forward to it now.

Really?

I thought that was awful. Just awful. Everything that's bad and stupid about Marvel movies, all rolled up into one two and half minute cringe-fest. Seriously. That was terrible.

Wow! That trailer was not what I was expecting at all, but in a good way. I REALLY am looking forward to it now.

Really?

I thought that was awful. Just awful. Everything that's bad and stupid about Marvel movies, all rolled up into one two and half minute cringe-fest. Seriously. That was terrible.

That was my feeling too, and I was really looking forward to this. :eek:

Really?

It's an extended version of the SDCC trailer. I didn't dig it. The humor seemed forced.

I did spot the Collector, so they are tying this all together with the Avengers, Thanos, yada yada carp.

Really?

I feel it captured very well the tone of the 2008 series by Abnett and Lanning. I like most of the Marvel Studios movies. If you don't, then I can see why you would not like this trailer.