• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

Vin Diesel Amazed By GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Cut

"I have to share this... My youngest who is 3 yrs old, has never been to a movie theater before in his life," noted the voice behind Groot. "Today, I was invited by Disney and Marvel to see the latest cut of Guardians of the Galaxy and I was able to take the angels. WOW!!!!! To Marvel, Disney, the incredible cast and team and especially James Gunn... Thank you for making a GREAT MOVIE! It was amazing and will always be special, for it was the first film I was able to take my family to see and oh how they loved it."

:applause:

Not that he would say, "What was I thinking?!"

(:

:whee:

New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BTS Images Feature Pre-CG 'Groot' And 'Rocket Raccoon'

Ahead of James Gunn's "pic of the day," Total Film has debuted two new Guardians of the Galaxy production images showcasing how Groot and Rocket Raccoon were realized on-set.

uShveM2.jpg

Talk about a tough gig having to look at a fellow with a tree hat and pretending he is something else.

First Reactions: Disneyland GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Sneak Peek

"I’m not here to spoil the movie, so I’ll stick with a very general description of what was shown. You’ve already seen some of it, assuming that you are caught up on GOTG’s trailers. The sneak peek opened by showing us Peter Quill’s (Chris Pratt) introduction scene as Star-Lord (Who?) in its entirety from his arrival on the planet Morag, to his search for the mysterious orb, to his daring escape from Korath the Pursuer (Djimon Hounsou).

Again, without giving anything away, the scene played very well thanks to cool, cosmic gadgets, more music that continues to be its own character in this picture, and a charming, charismatic performance by Pratt. Long-time fans will see that he is Star-Lord, through and through. The audience went back and forth from oohs and aahs to laughs. The pop cultural references that date Quill as an 80s kid were hilarious high points.

A sizzle reel followed mixing in footage seen in the trailers with new and expanded cuts. The dynamic between the members of the team (Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora, and Drax) really clicks, especially Rocket and Groot. The space action looks nothing less than spectacular and is sure to thrill between, and at times, alongside all the witty banter. Ultimately, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY looks to be its own, unique concept and film, but feelings similar to those I experienced during my first viewings of STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES popped up here.

As the sneak peek concluded and the title card returned to the screen, the entire theater erupted in applause. Sure, this was a very pro-Disney crowd, but the response was completely genuine and earned by what was shown. There is still the rest of the movie to see before its quality can be confirmed, but all signs currently point to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY being the best time audiences around the world are going to have at the multiplexes this season. Director James Gunn and his cast certainly have me hooked."

:whee::whee::whee:

I think this may have one or two record breaking weekends and then quickly be forgotten. I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think this could become a household name. That being said, my definition of a household name is much different than what most hardcore comic loving movie goers consider the term to mean. In my opinion both Iron Man 2 and 3 sucked. The first was incredible though...and that is all it takes to make a hit franchise in Hollywood today; unfortunately.

At least I get to sit through a movie that resembles Nintendo's Star Fox video game. Uh, on second thought it will be a definite rental.

Now why couldn't DC do a Batman 4 or a Wonder Woman movie is beyond me. At least I have Avengers 2 to look forward to and of course my holy grail; the new Star Wars films!

I was concerned at first this movie would get lost in the mix with all the movies coming out this year.

I think this is going to be unique compared to other movies, and have a little bit of something for everyone.

:wishluck::wishluck:

No matter what numbers it does, no one involved with the film can ever say it was not given a push and a decent promotion.

I can wait. I have the advance tickets for the 17 minute screening tonight but do not know if I can make it. :(

I am buying into the hype of this movie and hope that I am not disappointed. If I am I will take my lumps from the board.

Yeah, I skipped the showing to get to the pool to get some laps in as I was running late today and more importantly, Jack Bauer is on tv tonight protecting the free world.

I went to the 17 minute preview this evening, all I can say is WOW!!!! I don't go for the whole 3-D thing, but after this preview I'm definitely going to see it in 3-D. Groot and Rocket look incredible, lotsa guns and bombs going off, the soundtrack fits perfect (Cherry Bomb!), it's going to be a huge hit. Over 200 people showed up to the theatre which is impressive for a 17 min clip

So, I'm holding onto my GOTG key issues for a bit longer

I have tickets, but laziness is kicking in... driving 1/2hr one way for 17 min preview after work. Now after sitting down getting hard to get back up. Plus a dust storm warning for the area. I am excited and want to see the movie though

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 17 Minute Preview Reaction And Footage Description

I had all these questions and more but if what was shown in today's preview is merely the tip of the iceberg, consider me 175% sold on Guardians of the Galaxy. Gunn, Pratt, Zoe Saldana and co. have produced a Marvel film that looks, sounds or feels nothing like any Marvel film that's come before.

:whee: