• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guardians of the Galaxy news

3,692 posts in this topic

The better Star Wars comparison is Jar-Jar. Except this looks worse.

lol

You need to learn subtlety my young padawan, only then will you be a master of the troll.

As it is you come off desperate.

I'm really not trying to troll. This trailer looks absolutely painful. It's extremely difficult for me to believe anyone over the age of 14 can watch and not just want to facepalm at the failure on display.. But a survey at the LCS determines that, indeed, the majority of people apparently think it looks good and are excited for the movie. Maybe you needed to be raised on video games to appreciate the "pixels bobbing around a screen and pretending to be characters" aesthetic. I have no idea how anyone was able to sit through Avatar either.

I went to the 17 minute preview Monday night and was blown away by it. It has a very very good shot at being Marvel's best movie yet and the detail they put into Groot is just incredible. I'm way older than 14 btw

Never realized this until recently mentioned on the magazine forums. It looks like we have a 3rd member of the GotG movie with a first appearance in a Marvel Magazine (outside of Starlord & RR in MP#4 and MP#7 respectively).

Bereet first appeared in Rampaging Hulk #1 1977 Curtis Magazine.

New Photo Shot shown below as posted on the webs yesterday:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/08/guardians-of-the-galaxy-behind-the-scenes-photo-of-bereet/

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bereet

Interesting! I've heard some mention as her being a hook for the Hulk into the series at some point hm

- bounty

Never realized this until recently mentioned on the magazine forums. It looks like we have a 3rd member of the GotG movie with a first appearance in a Marvel Magazine (outside of Starlord & RR in MP#4 and MP#7 respectively).

Bereet first appeared in Rampaging Hulk #1 1977 Curtis Magazine.

New Photo Shot shown below as posted on the webs yesterday:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/08/guardians-of-the-galaxy-behind-the-scenes-photo-of-bereet/

Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bereet

Interesting! I've heard some mention as her being a hook for the Hulk into the series at some point hm

- bounty

The-uuuur she is...

Image0111.jpg

Marvel Will Release Three Albums From GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Executive Soundtrack Producers: James Gunn, Kevin Feige and Dave Jordan

Music Supervisor: Dave Jordan

Awesome Mix Tape, Vol. 1 track list follows:

• "Hooked on a Feeling" Performed by Blue Swede

• "Go All the Way" Performed by Raspberries

• "Spirit in the Sky"* Performed by Norman Greenbaum

• "Moonage Daydream" Performed by David Bowie

• "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" Performed by Elvin Bishop

• "I'm Not in Love" Performed by 10cc

• "I Want You Back" Performed by Jackson 5

• "Come and Get Your Love" Performed by Redbone

• "Cherry Bomb" Performed by The Runaways

• "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)" Performed by Rupert Holmes

• "O-O-H Child" Performed by The Five Stairsteps

• "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" Performed by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell

:whee:

After the Tron movie, and Disney now owning Daft Punk - I would expect a full Daft Punk album

After the Tron movie, and Disney now owning Daft Punk - I would expect a full Daft Punk album

You should hold your breath until it comes out to force their hand.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

I'm pretty sure they live in a cage next to Walt's frozen corpse.

Sooo 70s am radio. Reminds me of riding in the car on a summer day.

(thumbs u

Talk about being excited about your role. This was nice to hear how excited about the role Bautista truly is.

Dave Bautista Cried When He Found Out He Would Play Drax

"I was on the way to the gym and my manager called me," Bautista recalled. "And he said, hold on for a second, and he wouldn't tell me until he got my agent on the phone, and he said, 'Congratulations, Mr. Drax.' And I literally just broke down. I drove home, I was just a mess....It was a big deal to me and I can never explain to people how big this was for me. It was a life-changing thing for me. It was hard for me to leave behind wrestling but I worked and struggled and worked and struggled and auditioned and auditioned and finally got the dream role of a lifetime."

Joss Whedon Helped Guardians of the Galaxy's James Gunn Cast Thanos

"Joss and I have been friends for a long time," Gunn said of his relationship with the man who's been called Marvel's Phase Two showrunner. "Joss read the -script, gave me notes on the -script....And then we had to work together to cast Thanos because Thanos is going to appear in stuff that I do as well as stuff that Joss does."

Ultimately, they ended up with Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For star Josh Brolin in the role, presumably providing just the voice, since his casting was announced late in post-production. In The Avengers, Thanos was depicted by Joss Whedon regular Damion Poitier.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Opening Weekend Box Office Is Tracking For $60 Million Plus

The Wrap is reporting that Guardians of the Galaxy is projected for an opening weekend take of at least $60 million at the U.S box office.

This is a good sign for Marvel, as Guardians of the Galaxy stars the most obscure set of characters to be featured in their cinematic universe so far, with a sizable budget of $170 million. Marvel has already had one big success this year, with the record-breaking April opening of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and is surely hoping that their Guardians of the Galaxy gamble pays off by launching another successful franchise.

With numbers like that, it looks like there might be trouble in paradise for this $170 million production, if falls 60-70% during it's second week. Hopefully it will have some 'legs" during it's third & fourth weeks to carry it into the September box-office doldrums. I'm hoping for the best as I would like to see more outside of the box comic franchises get made. (thumbs u