• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To slab or not to slab this Action "1"

21 posts in this topic

Action1s1.jpg

If it were real, I'd buy it.

It is real. But I fear nearmint is correct that it's trimmed

Since that means it is already restored, might as well do the rest of the work to make it a VF, though it would probably be labelled "extensive"

Action1s1.jpg

Since that means it is already restored, might as well do the rest of the work to make it a VF, though it would probably be labelled "extensive"

Sure, you could get it restored, but I suspect that the label notes of "98% of cover is recreation" and "interior missing" and "no back cover" might slightly reduce the book's value.

Action1s1.jpg

Sure, you could get it restored, but I suspect that the label notes of "98% of cover is recreation" and "interior missing" and "no back cover" might slightly reduce the book's value.

Actually, might be a stretch to say it's 2% original.

Might be worth it to see that kind of label. (and wish labels would be just as specific in pointing out when a book is 99% original)

Oh, and you could try pressing it - I hear that can increase the grade...

Based on the bottom right corner, I'd say it's an excellent candidate for pressing.

I think when it was rebagged that corner was pushed back in place, incidentally.

I remember seeing this at Auction. Was it the last HA auction? I thought it was pretty cool all the cut outs of superman & all the numbers.

Is it still pasted down or did you peel it off to see if there was any lines from the ad on the inside cover?

The glue is weak enough in spots that the cut-outs are loose at some edges. With some gentle and careful effort, you can see sections of the ads on the back.

As I recall you got the "cut out" of "Superman lifting the car" and maybe a "tire".

Along with the other cover cut outs of early issues I really thought it was a pretty cool auction. Are you going to disassemble it or keep it all together?

You're going to have to start buying up some of the single pages from Action 1 that have been circulating. I've got one of the Zatara pages.